British Speedway Forum

8 hours ago, Nickinho said:

He will probably be much better off financially racing in the Premiership and Poland so if he leaves i can't see him racing for another Championship club. Poland is where the money is and they don't like their riders racing too often in Britain.

Riding for Kolejarz Rawicz

8 hours ago, Nickinho said:

He may wish to move up to a top tier Polish team though. I read somewhere recently that Zmarslik is set to earn over £1 million next season with over 350k euros of that just from riding for Gorzow.

I'd hope he'd get more than that from gorzow as he got £575k from them this year!

Sam has already signed up for a polish 2nd division side just like last year. All is fine at monarchs HQ.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nickinho said:

He had the third highest average in the Premiership last season just behind Bewley and Holder after riding all 20 meetings so i think a top tier Polish team may well tie him up.

Mate Masters is no where near Ekstraliga level, he’s not even one of the best in the bottom league in Poland 

We’re going to be able to predict the Edinburgh line up by default soon. Just based on who hasn’t signed for anyone else!

52 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

We’re going to be able to predict the Edinburgh line up by default soon. Just based on who hasn’t signed for anyone else!

Same with Poole! I wonder which of us will announce first :D

22 hours ago, Nickinho said:

He may wish to move up to a top tier Polish team though. I read somewhere recently that Zmarslik is set to earn over £1 million next season with over 350k euros of that just from riding for Gorzow.

Sam is good, but quite a bit short of Polish Extraliga standard

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I don't think Poole will announce any signings until they have the stadium rent issue legally sorted.

No point in weakening any legal negotiating position (by 'accepting' a huge imposed, non-negotiated rent increase) by confirming to the stadium and the Council that the club is definitely intending to race whatever the rent?!!:o;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

so, no agreement on the rent for next year,no racing next year !! unbelievable, a perfectly adequate sports facility pretty much lying idle,bcp council need to need to get off their arses and get involved,show some leadership and go public on what their policy is on the stadium

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Edinburgh I expect as Poole are still going through their 'vast array' of rider negotiations to announce yet I imagine :rolleyes:.

15 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

I'd hope he'd get more than that from gorzow as he got £575k from them this year!

I don't get out of bed for anything less that £600k

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I don't think Poole will announce any signings until they have the stadium rent issue legally sorted.

No point in weakening any legal negotiating position (by 'accepting' a huge imposed, non-negotiated rent increase) by confirming to the stadium and the Council that the club is definitely intending to race whatever the rent?!!:o;)

2 hours ago, poole keith said:

so, no agreement on the rent for next year,no racing next year !! unbelievable, a perfectly adequate sports facility pretty much lying idle,bcp council need to need to get off their arses and get involved,show some leadership and go public on what their policy is on the stadium

Could be worse I suppose. Saw on the news a bar/pub in Pen Hill in Poole have a 66% rent increase! 

Edited by lisa-colette

4 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

The Tension.