British Speedway Forum

27 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

he’s mid 5, I can see him putting 2 points at least on it

so around 7.5 -- yes I think he should do that OK, all being well, and as long as Poland doesn't become too much a distraction.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Tom's CMA is 6.03. 

My point was, the argument against Sedgmen was that some clubs have riders that could "easily add 3 points to their average" so I'd argue, do these clubs have 7 riders who can put 3 points on their average? Clearly not! In that case if Monarchs can find a rider who can put 3 points on his average, can Sedgmen then be signed alongside him?

Personally I don't think Sedgmen would put a lot on his ave, but could up it a little. So unless someone can name a rider on a lower ave, who will score more, I'm curious why people are against signing him?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Where do you get that figure from?

Worked it out with a KanDysoft Team Manager Spreadsheet. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Tom's CMA is 6.03. 

His average with reduction is 5.88

3 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Actually 6.03.    Adding three points would put him above the current CMA of Craig Cook, Bomber or Charles Wright -- and Scott Nicholls is 9.07.    Tom Brennan is a fine prospect, but pushing his average up by three is a step too far in 2022.   IMO.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Personally I don't think Sedgmen would put a lot on his ave, but could up it a little. So unless someone can name a rider on a lower ave, who will score more, I'm curious why people are against signing him?

We’ve been there. He was poor when he came back previously. It looks like he’s not got the fire in his belly like he did back in 2014/15. 

1 hour ago, JanAndersen said:

We’ve been there. He was poor when he came back previously. It looks like he’s not got the fire in his belly like he did back in 2014/15. 

On his day Sedgmen can really race and he'd have an 8 point average if his head was screwed on properly but sadly it isn't. In his last meeting for the Tigers he was on for a five race maximum but got excluded in heat 15. He looked really focused that day but the following days saw him kicked from the team and replaced by Brennan. Worth a shot on his average I think.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

sedgmen isn't a heatleader, edinburgh know that so unless they are backed into a corner can't see him being signed. Wonder what delay is? stadium related.

15 hours ago, Endeavour said:

His average must be low if all his Eastbourne scores are wiped out.

I doubt this will happen, as logically the scores of all riders who rode against Eastbourne in 2021 should also be erased.

I believe this was queried after Eastbourne withdrew, re adjusting GSAs for all riders scores in matches against Eastbourne, and was not acted upon by the BSPL.

14 hours ago, Dekker said:

sedgmen isn't a heatleader, edinburgh know that so unless they are backed into a corner can't see him being signed. Wonder what delay is? stadium related.

I don’t think anyone had suggested he’d be signed as a heat leader. His average is only just a little over 5.

2 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

I don’t think anyone had suggested he’d be signed as a heat leader. His average is only just a little over 5.