British Speedway Forum

51 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

So with a 42 point point limit Poole could track the same team with obviously the absence of Rory and finding a replacement for him. 

Apart from the apparent fact that Basso may have too many clashes with his Danish team to ride for Poole next season. 

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

So Oxford back and riding in the championship Wednesday nights, could that affect the Poole crowds, with people coming to Poole from the Southampton area 

I'm not great at geography but surely Poole is closer to Southampton than Oxford? 

• Like 2

Won’t make a scrap of difference. But will bring a decent amount of Oxford fans to Poole when they are not racing at home that Wednesday.

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Won’t make a scrap of difference. But will bring a decent amount of Oxford fans to Poole when they are not racing at home that Wednesday.

Yes, there were a few Oxford fans at Poole most weeks this season, so should generate biggest crowd for regular league meetings at both tracks. 

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

If you take Rory out, how much is left to replace him? Also are you including Zach Cook in this team or Stefan Nielsen? ;)

A Ryan Douglas size hole and Zach Cook for Basso?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

A Ryan Douglas size hole and Zach Cook for Basso?

Ah okay, thanks! That's quite substantial when Rory was on 8 exactly! 

2 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

So Oxford back and riding in the championship Wednesday nights, could that affect the Poole crowds, with people coming to Poole from the Southampton area 

Poole is a lot closer to us (we live near Southampton) than Oxford so I suggest probably not :t:

We've been Poole supporters for life, never considered Oxford as it's a heck of a trek, especially mid week!

Edited by chris4gillian
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Ah okay, thanks! That's quite substantial when Rory was on 8 exactly! 

Douglas is only 7.74 so would fit, but I might be putting 2+2 together and getting 5 :lol:

• Like 1

How about?

Poole  
Steve Worrall 9.05
Danny King 8.99
Ben Cook 5.31
Danyon Hume 4.88
Ashley Morris 4.68
Stefan Nielsen 4.67
Zach Cook 4.40
Total 41.98
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I'm not great at geography but surely Poole is closer to Southampton than Oxford? 

It is, by some margin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

How about?

Poole  
Steve Worrall 9.05
Danny King 8.99
Ben Cook 5.31
Danyon Hume 4.88
Ashley Morris 4.68
Stefan Nielsen 4.67
Zach Cook 4.40
Total 41.98

Thats even more pressure on Steve and Danny than they had this year, missing a heat-leader imo

2 minutes ago, ASpeedwayfan said:

Thats even more pressure on Steve and Danny than they had this year, missing a heat-leader imo

I doubt Worrall will be back.

Cant build a title challenging 1-7 when using up 18.02 on 2 riders.

It's borderline Plymouth from this year when including both King & Worrall.

Denmark are running a full fixture list next season so Basso signing for Poole is unlikely at this point.

Had a superb evening  with fellow Poole sponsors, friends, volunteers, Promoters, Team Manager and 2 riders at the local curry house last night!

No news to be announced yet - other than confirmation that on paper the preferred 1-7 for 2022 had now changed twice!!!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

I doubt Worrall will be back.

Cant build a title challenging 1-7 when using up 18.02 on 2 riders.

It's borderline Plymouth from this year when including both King & Worrall.

Denmark are running a full fixture list next season so Basso signing for Poole is unlikely at this point.

You can win the title like that, top heavy teams have in the past like Poole 2003 when we had Adams and Rickardsson but you have to get the middle order riders right that are on false averages. 

4 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Won't stop me travelling to the Pirate Ship from Long Eaton, I shall whizz straight past Oxford when Pirates are at home.

I'm looking forward tho to goin to Sandy Lane as a Pirate! :t:

Bring it On :D

• Like 1