British Speedway Forum

Maybe two surprises?

Speedway fans often wonder why Poole have been so consistently successful over the last 20 years. The answer is that Matt has been quite ruthless when it comes to selecting his 1-7 and takes no prisoners. No easy ride for the season. If a rider isn’t cutting it, he gets cut himself. Keleher found that out pretty quickly and was extremely lucky to get picked up by Plymouth.

Matt has proved time and again, that a rider who is popular with the fans may not be back the following season. Mark Loram was extremely populat at Wimborne Road but out he went. Replaced by TRick to the shock of the Poole faithful. This time around Ben Basso, who has so much potential to improve could find himself promoting Basso hats elsewhere. 

Will young Danyon Hume, who did brilliantly this gone season, have averaged himself out of a berth? That would be a huge shame if it happened. Matt Fords job is to put together a title winning side and emotions have to be put on the back burner. This worst part of owning and running a speedway team.

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

First Poole rider announcements in early December!!

Source: Bournemouth Echo 'Middlo's 25 trophies' story today.

That's quite late for the Championship though, so could be obvious who is in the team by who is left! 

22 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Maybe two surprises?

Speedway fans often wonder why Poole have been so consistently successful over the last 20 years. The answer is that Matt has been quite ruthless when it comes to selecting his 1-7 and takes no prisoners. No easy ride for the season. If a rider isn’t cutting it, he gets cut himself. Keleher found that out pretty quickly and was extremely lucky to get picked up by Plymouth.

Matt has proved time and again, that a rider who is popular with the fans may not be back the following season. Mark Loram was extremely populat at Wimborne Road but out he went. Replaced by TRick to the shock of the Poole faithful. This time around Ben Basso, who has so much potential to improve could find himself promoting Basso hats elsewhere. 

Will young Danyon Hume, who did brilliantly this gone season, have averaged himself out of a berth? That would be a huge shame if it happened. Matt Fords job is to put together a title winning side and emotions have to be put on the back burner. This worst part of owning and running a speedway team.

I don't like surprises! As long as they don't shock people too much. 

Zach Cook has signed for Torun, wonder how that affects us signing him 

just read on a polish website lawson has broken his contract with plymouth and is joining poole along with zach cook ? let's see if it's true ??

1 minute ago, NSS1 said:

just read on a polish website lawson has broken his contract with plymouth and is joining poole along with zach cook ? let's see if it's true ??

I very much doubt it!! 

27 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Zach Cook has signed for Torun, wonder how that affects us signing him 

They not in the top league there anymore are they? 

4 minutes ago, NSS1 said:

If in breach of contract couldn't Plymouth stop him from riding elsewhere? 

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

They not in the top league there anymore are they? 

I think they are, not sure, i thought Jack had signed for them 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I very much doubt it!! 

time will tell why would they publish it ?? 

I said a few weeks ago that I was told Pirates are remaining in the Championship with Danny King at No.1..........No return for Steve Worrall

Rumours from Poland today that Lawson has signed for Poole in the Championship which would certainly put an end to any return for Worrall.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I very much doubt it!! 

think you had better get used it to it it's all over facebook now even other comments on here about it being true !!

4 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

I said a few weeks ago that I was told Pirates are remaining in the Championship with Danny King at No.1..........No return for Steve Worrall

Rumours from Poland today that Lawson has signed for Poole in the Championship which would certainly put an end to any return for Worrall.

oxford & wolves for Steve Worrall next season !!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NSS1 said:

oxford & wolves for Steve Worrall next season !!

Steve Worrall will be at Poole end . The bell vue nutter posts crap again. 

• Like 2