Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Its really quite simple.  If a rider has raced in a match for or against Eastbourne in 2021, these points and meetings are wiped out.

As rolling averages are calculated over a rider's last 20 matches, to ascertain a true CMA  you just need to go back and add older matches back in, to give you the rolling average over twenty meetings, to compensate for the 'loss' of the Eastborne matches.

Simples!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Knowing the averages allows fans to make educated guesses on who will be in teams, not knowing the averages makes it less fun as you don't know if your "dream team" is legal!

I’m quite sure if the average fan really wanted to know a riders correct average concerning Eastbourne situation and rolling average, they should be able to work it out ,given there is a formula. Personally I don’t think the Eastbourne situation should have affected a riders average,it was just another match and a true reflection of the rider.After all Teams that rode again Eastbourne probably rode against different riders given the R/r and guest situation we have in the sport.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Its really quite simple.  If a rider has raced in a match for or against Eastbourne in 2021, these points and meetings are wiped out.

As rolling averages are calculated over a rider's last 20 matches, to ascertain a true CMA  you just need to go back and add older matches back in, to give you the rolling average over twenty meetings, to compensate for the 'loss' of the Eastbourne matches.

Simples!

Of course it's possible to do this, wouldn't call it simple though. But if fans can work out the averages, what's the benefit of not publishing them?

I've also not read anything official that states if the Eastbourne matches are removed for final averages.

58 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Of course it's possible to do this, wouldn't call it simple though. But if fans can work out the averages, what's the benefit of not publishing them?

I've also not read anything official that states if the Eastbourne matches are removed for final averages.

Fans are of no interest to the powers at be,would be my answer to that one.

15 hours ago, Jaizer said:

You have to assume the promoters have them so why not just publish them? Mr Barrie seems to be in the know about these things makes it even more probable

Championship Green Sheet Averages are in today's SPEEDWAY STAR !

Have Fun :D

Shame that u will have to rummage through Pirate blah blah to get to them! :rofl:

We LUV U Middlo We DO! :wub:

C'mon the PIRATES!

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Have Fun :D

Shame that u will have to rummage through Pirate blah blah to get to them! :rofl:

We LUV U Middlo We DO! :wub:

C'mon the PIRATES!

If those GSAs are accurate then in Poole's case how was Basso on the Gasso (5.00) at reserve and Hume (4.98) in the 1-5?

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

If those GSAs are accurate then in Poole's case how was Basso on the Gasso (5.00) at reserve and Hume (4.98) in the 1-5?

2.5% reduction

35 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Look like the same averages as we already have i.e. still contain the Eastbourne numbers

11 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I presume at the time they switched positions Hume was higher but by the end of the season Basso on the Gasso was scoring better at reserve. Ben would've been able to retain his reserve spot for a certain number of meetings no matter how he scored, just so happened it covered him until the end of the season. Hence the difference.

Or somet like that? :D

6 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Look like the same averages as we already have i.e. still contain the Eastbourne numbers

As far as I know the riders retained the points they scored against Eastbourne therefore the average is not effected.

Stewart Dickson wasn't happy about it coz he said so in an interview on the centrgreen at Leicester when Leicester had been stripped of 7pts but the riders avg. stayed the same.

Think it stopped him from switching his team around.

To me it kind makes sense that riders still retain the pts & avg despite Eastbourne pulling out as it shows an accurate record of how the riders have been riding throughout the season. They've still ridden and been paid (hopefully) in those meetings.

7 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

As far as I know the riders retained the points they scored against Eastbourne therefore the average is not effected.

Stewart Dickson wasn't happy about it coz he said so in an interview on the centrgreen at Leicester when Leicester had been stripped of 7pts but the riders avg. stayed the same.

Think it stopped him from switching his team around.

To me it kind makes sense that riders still retain the pts & avg despite Eastbourne pulling out as it shows an accurate record of how the riders have been riding throughout the season. They've still ridden and been paid (hopefully) in those meetings.

I get Dickson's point, but some of his riders who rode against Eastbourne have joined other teams - some averages would've gone up / some down - for all teams, doesn't just affect Leicester. 

Edited by szkocjasid

21 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I get Dickson's point, but some of his riders who rode against Eastbourne have joined other teams - some averages would've gone up / some down - for all teams, doesn't just affect Leicester. 

True, but I mentioned Dickson's interview to clarify to others on the forum who thought that riders' pts scored against Eastbourne wud be taken off their average.

50 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

As you say does it not more a less even out if the Eastbourne results are left in with rolling averages, some going up or down, team changes etc. I just think the worst problem is no absolute clarification, if it was announced a month ago they're definitely left in (or out) everyone would know, although gives another topic to discuss I suppose. 

6 hours ago, Jaizer said:

2.5% reduction

So are you saying that all the GSAs in this week's Star have had the 2.5% reduction for Brits taken into account?  I don't think so?!