British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So Poole let Danyon move on, being announced today in the Glasgow lineup. I thought he did well for us last year and I would have loved to have seen him back. 

Good luck in your career Danyon.

It's his reward for having a good season, served his purpose & out.

Be great for Danyon and his dad  he has a young son that lives 30 mins from Glasgow and came up most weekends to see him 

• Like 3

So first of all it was said early Dec for team news and now it's within in a month!! 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, PirateShip said:

I hope to the delay is well worth it as I'm sure it will be.

My concern is if  it's a marketing ploy rather than trying to pin down a major signing.

Ford will see us right :t:

Who is gonna buy a season ticket with no team news though. Not many imo. 

Surely you buy a season ticket because you want to go to speedway, surely it doesn't depend on who's riding? 

Do you think that we won't have a competitive team?

• Like 2

Season tickets aren't on sale yet. Need confirmation from AGM to how many meets will happen to set the price

Basso to Glasgow next. If they can’t beat us, they try to buy the Poole team to try and replicate.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

Surely you buy a season ticket because you want to go to speedway, surely it doesn't depend on who's riding? 

Do you think that we won't have a competitive team?

Matter of opinion I guess. You may think it is competitive and I may disagree. People think different things. I have noticed on SM when other clubs have announced signings and ST go on sale if it is a strong team, you will have good ST sales. Unless you go every week and not mind saving much on them (unless Poole are doing a reasonable discount compared to just paying each week) then some people will wait imo.

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Basso to Glasgow next. If they can’t beat us, they try to buy the Poole team to try and replicate.

Makes sense! I have a Xmas version of the hat he likes. Just needs to write Peterborough in black on one side and Glasgow in white on the other side! lol.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

With his Danish commitments on a Wednesday Poole was never an option for both parties.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

Whether the team is announced or not it seems sponsors are still keen with a previous big sponsor back on board plus a new one to add to the list (ex-Plymouth apparently?)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

By signing 2 riders you've chosen to stick on the scrapheap? Utter BS

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

The riders concerned will probably benefit riding on a well prepared consistent track at home which will improve their confidence and help their away form aswell, well done Glasgow. :t:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Scrapheap? Do me a favour! I was at the meeting when Matt Ford said he really wanted to keep Basso for 2022 but knew it would be difficult. One of the reasons we moved down was to get Weds nights back again, so hardly going to change it again for one rider and even if we were prepared to, what night would be allowed to race on? 

I'm guessing Hume prob was in the team before someone else decided to leave Plymouth. Might have had to choose between Hume and Ben Cook? 

• Like 2