British Speedway Forum

14 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

If our friend Lord Ford has been screwed over then bloody good job, he's done it enough to others in the past. 

FWIW the press release sounds like a toys-out-of-the-pram load of cobblers to appease the regulars, although I expect we'll never know the truth.

Now he will know how the Plymouth promotion feel, regarding Lawson.

• Like 1

I don't have sympathy for Poole. Yes Basso probably was expected to sign but like Plymouth expected Lawson to come. Poole are a well run club and will find a replacement. 

• Like 2

I must say I was surprised at the outburst from the promotion re Basso moving on. I thought it was a given that he would not be back for 2022 considering all the clashes with Danish fixtures. It's one thing to sign halfway through a season, and I was glad he did!, but to commit to a full season would not have worked for him or the club. I for one am grateful for his contribution to Poole's success in 2021 and wish him well for the future.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pirate Rich said:

I must say I was surprised at the outburst from the promotion re Basso moving on. I thought it was a given that he would not be back for 2022 considering all the clashes with Danish fixtures. It's one thing to sign halfway through a season, and I was glad he did!, but to commit to a full season would not have worked for him or the club. I for one am grateful for his contribution to Poole's success in 2021 and wish him well for the future.

Just a shame it appears for Poole that they've what looks like having no chance of him riding for them again. I know it's a pr exercise, but may have come back at somepoint, especially if Poole did go back to the Premiership, sure a more subtle press release could have been concocted leaving the door open, but appeasing the fans.

Edited by gazzac

When you compare Poole's reaction to that of Plymouth when they lost Richard Lawson, it's like night & day. Plus Plymouth have more cause to complain as Lawson agreed to race for them in 2022, something Basso hadn't done.

"The signing of Andersen follows the decision of Richard Lawson; who had verbally committed to The Gladiators for 2022 to focus more on his Premiership commitments with Kings Lynn in 2022 and to seek opportunities elsewhere. The Club thanks Richard for his efforts both as a short term Team Member and a regular Guest rider during 2021"

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Rather Matt than Buster tbh! A KL fan going on about toys out of the pram is a bit ironic! :D;)

Not at all, Buster has done it for years and it's embarrassing and cringeworthy when he does.

Bottom line is that riders come and go as self employed sportsmen, you win some and lose some. The reaction from Dorset has surprised me to be honest, lacks class. 

You are allowed to criticise your own promotion by the way, its ok ;)

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, gazzac said:

Just a shame it appears for Poole that they've what looks like having no chance of him riding for them again. I know it's a pr exercise, but may have come back at somepoint, especially if Poole did go back to the Premiership, sure a more subtle press release could have been concocted leaving the door open, but appeasing the fans.

It's as strong as the statement when they sacked Zane Keheller, who they cut all ties with. So I'm thinking there is no coming back from it. However JD left Poole on bad terms and they get on now and I think Hans also left on bad terms originally and made up now. So you never know, maybe a lot further down the line he could be back. Never say never in speedway! 

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

Not at all, Buster has done it for years and it's embarrassing and cringeworthy when he does.

Bottom line is that riders come and go as self employed sportsmen, you win some and lose some. The reaction from Dorset has surprised me to be honest, lacks class. 

You are allowed to criticise your own promotion by the way, its ok ;)

I think some stuff has been said behind closed doors that can't be taken back. SS seems to have been a bit wound up about it on twitter, which normally I wouldn't expect. I think there is more to it. 

I'm not criticising anyone who is fighting a big rent increase! Say what they want within reason ;)

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Now he will know how the Plymouth promotion feel, regarding Lawson.

The Plymouth promotion didn't throw there toys out of the cot they just signed a better rider imo :party:

7 minutes ago, lewy said:

The Plymouth promotion didn't throw there toys out of the cot they just signed a better rider imo :party:

And Poole still have to agree a loan fee with his parent club if indeed he signs.

Now who could that be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

And Poole still have to agree a loan fee with his parent club if indeed he signs.

Now who could that be.

Who owns his contract ?

6 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Who owns his contract ?

They wear red and white stripes. That's the clue

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Now who could that be.

Which is perhaps why the Poole press release was criticising Basso but hasn’t mentioned Glasgow?

3 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Which is perhaps why the Poole press release was criticising Basso but hasn’t mentioned Glasgow?

That is true, they can't really though can they? Be a bit different if he was an asset but he was up for grabs. They are just questioning his loyalty and commitment to Poole.