British Speedway Forum

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

That is true, they can't really though can they? Be a bit different if he was an asset but he was up for grabs. They are just questioning his loyalty and commitment to Poole. 

Loyalty is in short supply from both riders and promotions in Speedway.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I think some stuff has been said behind closed doors that can't be taken back. SS seems to have been a bit wound up about it on twitter, which normally I wouldn't expect. I think there is more to it. 

I'm not criticising anyone who is fighting a big rent increase! Say what they want within reason ;)

I certainly agree with that, if anything you need to show the landlords you're a business! 

I worry the likes of Birmingham apparently blindly accepting a large rent increase makes them look like fans desperate to keep the club going, rather than businessmen. Which while admirable does nothing to sway the landlords from attempting the same rent increase every year!

• Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 12:12 PM, daz9100 said:

Frustrating for the team that loses a rider they gave chance to in UK. It’s a profession for them so money does come into it.

We gave Dan Bewley his second tier debut and he left for Gla$gow.

Poole fume over the loss of Basso ? Basso could not ride for Poole due to Danish League obligations , unless Poole planned to bend the rules again to get guests for meetings he would have missed ??

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

Poole fume over the loss of Basso ? Basso could not ride for Poole due to Danish League obligations , unless Poole planned to bend the rules again to get guests for meetings he would have missed ??

If you read the club statement it says Poole were prepared to run on off nights when there were crashes with Danish fixtures. I mean they have the choice of 4 other days if required. Anyway moving on..........first signing announcement this week - hopefully!

Edited by Skidder1

52 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

if you read the comment from matt ford we were prepared to change race nights to accommodate his danish fixtures where possible

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

If you read the club statement it says Poole were prepared to run on off nights when there were crashes with Danish fixtures. I mean they have the choice of 4 other days if required. Anyway moving on..........first signing announcement this week - hopefully!

i was writing the same comment when yours came up:t:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ray c said:

if you read the comment from matt ford we were prepared to change race nights to accommodate his danish fixtures where possible

Yet you dropped down so you could race on Wednesdays ;) 

You do wonder if some mystery regulation will now pop up from nowhere to scupper Glasgow's team plans.....! 

Starting to sound in many ways that Basso wasnt all that keen on returning to Poole for some reason  ,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

so they were only going to run 4 wednesdays of the season as denmark run every wednesday apart from their mid season break of 4 weeks next year 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, mac101 said:

so they were only going to run 4 wednesdays of the season as denmark run every wednesday apart from their mid season break of 4 weeks next year 

Not at all. The Danish season is quite short comparatively - hence how Poole were able to sign Basso up mid-season.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Frustrating for the team that loses a rider they gave chance to in UK. It’s a profession for them so money does come into it.

We gave Dan Bewley his second tier debut and he left for Gla$gow.

And he then left us for Workington.

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Starting to sound in many ways that Basso wasnt all that keen on returning to Poole for some reason  ,

Oh please do enlighten us? Or is this make believe as usual? 

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Not at all. The Danish season is quite short comparatively - hence how Poole were able to sign Basso up mid-season.

Don't start bringing facts into it Skidder! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

Obviously didn't read the statement! Maybe do that first and then get back to us :t:

• Like 1