British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Which is kinda annoying, having to work out if they mean it or not! Always respected Scott Nicholls for saying 'we'll see... ' when he got asked at Poole (long long time ago that was!)

I can see the temptation. Much easier and he probably gets a few beers in the bar as a result. 

Pools fans moaning about a rider leaving them who agreed to sign….. someone remind me about Lawson…..

or is it cause they are Poole and Poole can do what they want…..?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Doners123 said:

Pools fans moaning about a rider leaving them who agreed to sign….. someone remind me about Lawson…..

How true..how very true.

15 minutes ago, Doners123 said:

What have Poole done 

18 minutes ago, Doners123 said:

Basso never said he'd sign for next season

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sugarray said:

Basso never said he'd sign for next season

Very true, so in reality what Poole are actually moaning at is actually why they did. Couldn’t write it 

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

At the press conference after the playoff final apparently they all said they wanted to come back apart from Rory (obviously!!), this is according to a few other Poole fans, maybe a fan who attended it can confirm what Basso said. 

Last time I went to Wimbourne Road I told the car park attendant that I would be back next year. Haven’t been for three years, so he’s probably yet another person at Poole that thinks he has been stitched up.

18 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Last time I went to Wimbourne Road I told the car park attendant that I would be back next year. Haven’t been for three years, so he’s probably yet another person at Poole that thinks he has been stitched up.

Bit of bad example to use when whoever pays £2.50 ?? to use a car park for speedway has prob been stitched up themselves! 

17 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Bit of bad example to use when whoever pays £2.50 ?? to use a car park for speedway has prob been stitched up themselves! 

I agree, that’s why I didn’t park in the car park!

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

That's not my point though. You have completely missed it. If I was Orion I would be going whhhhoooosssshhh right now. But I'm not, so I won't. The point was someone thinking Basso hasn't said it and I'm pointing out that it has been said he did. Whether he was lying or telling the truth at the time is a different matter. 

I’ve said many times I would to become a millionaire - doesn’t mean it will happen.

He might well of said he wanted to return to Poole and he might well of wanted to. If certain things have prevented him from doing so or he got a better offer, there is nothing wrong in that and that doesn’t make him a liar. He might well of had a list of 4 or 5 clubs he wanted to join, but he has to choose one. To call him a liar is poor form.

12 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

At the press conference after the playoff final apparently they all said they wanted to come back apart from Rory (obviously!!), this is according to a few other Poole fans, maybe a fan who attended it can confirm what Basso said. 

I went to the press conference and don’t remember any rider saying that they wanted to return - because they weren’t asked directly. When the presenter said to the fans something like ‘Wouldn’t it be great to have them back?’ there was, naturally, a very positive ‘yes’ from the floor and the interviews were understandably steered away from putting the riders on the spot.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

I went to the press conference and don’t remember any rider saying that they wanted to return - because they weren’t asked directly. When the presenter said to the fans something like ‘Wouldn’t it be great to have them back?’ there was, naturally, a very positive ‘yes’ from the floor and the interviews were understandably steered away from putting the riders on the spot.

That's fine then as I said it is just what others have reported that was said and I took it at face value :t:

8 hours ago, Najjer said:

I’ve said many times I would to become a millionaire - doesn’t mean it will happen.

He might well of said he wanted to return to Poole and he might well of wanted to. If certain things have prevented him from doing so or he got a better offer, there is nothing wrong in that and that doesn’t make him a liar. He might well of had a list of 4 or 5 clubs he wanted to join, but he has to choose one. To call him a liar is poor form.

No, I said he was either lying or telling the truth at the time. I didn't say it was one thing or the other. Anyway Dickie Head has said they never got asked that so a bit hypothetical now anyway!