British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

No, I said he was either lying or telling the truth at the time. I didn't say it was one thing or the other. Anyway Dickie Head has said they never got asked that so a bit hypothetical now anyway! 

Either way, it wouldn’t of been lying. Like I said, poor form.

13 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Bit of bad example to use when whoever pays £2.50 ?? to use a car park for speedway has prob been stitched up themselves! 

Not used the stadium car park for some years now. £2.50 is this for valet parking?

• Haha 1

Aside from what may or may not have been said publicly (and my recollection is that Ben did say he would love to return if the fixtures could be sorted out?!), the only people that actually know for sure are Ben and Matt/Danny Ford - plus possibly a couple of his Poole sponsors.

So we've read Danny's comments and now we await the Ben interview in a forthcoming Speedway Star.  Then it'll be  'make your mind up' time!

PS. As much as I dislike giving £2.50 every meeting to Stadia UK, I do however still use the stadium car park as the old legs aren't what they used to be!!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

I am sure over the years plenty of riders have "loved" to be riding for certain teams.. 

Right up until the moment they get replaced by someone else in a decision taken by the owners to remove them from the team..

Riders are self employed so quite rightly go where the money is best..

Let's be honest, the way the sport is ran that "emotional attachment" is hard for fans to get, so you cannot expect riders to feel too "attached" to any given club.. 

Especially when they usually ride for a couple around Europe, two over here, and can guest for anyone who needs them if their average allows..

Loyalty goes both ways and clubs have the system they deserve due to the way they choose to run the sport.

And what a coincidence it was when the Sky money ran out, and the Polish money rocketed, how many riders suddenly realised that they had too much of a racing schedule to remain riding over here as well...:rolleyes:

Riders (quite rightly), look after No1...

If you are doing the same job then go who pays the most, especially in a  career that could be ended in a split second.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

I am sure over the years plenty of riders have "loved" to be riding for certain teams.. 

Right up until the moment they get replaced by someone else in a decision taken by the owners to remove them from the team..

Riders are self employed so quite rightly go where the money is best..

Let's be honest, the way the sport is ran that "emotional attachment" is hard for fans to get, so you cannot expect riders to feel too "attached" to any given club.. 

Especially when they usually ride for a couple around Europe, two over here, and can guest for anyone who needs them if their average allows..

Loyalty goes both ways and clubs have the system they deserve due to the way they choose to run the sport.

And what a coincidence it was when the Sky money ran out, and the Polish money rocketed, how many riders suddenly realised that they had too much of a racing schedule to remain riding over here as well...:rolleyes:

Riders (quite rightly), look after No1...

If you are doing the same job then go who pays the most, especially in a  career that could be ended in a split second.. 

It’s hard to be loyal to a Club,give your all and be dumped the next season because your average doesn’t fit.Riders have look after themselves, like you say.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Najjer said:

Either way, it wouldn’t of been lying. Like I said, poor form.

Ummm, well one option is telling the truth, the other is telling a lie to keep people happy. So either way one option is lying. 

Or some riders are smart and are a bit more non committal. :t:

• Confused 1

Apparently Ben was approached by Glasgow at the Edinburgh Cup Final meeting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, daz9100 said:

Interesting considering he's been deemed to be a Poole asset, don't they have to ask Matt permission to speak to him? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, daz9100 said:

What did they say to him

2 hours ago, daz9100 said:

Another “Apparently “:rolleyes:.Popular today.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, MANSE said:

What did they say to him

Apparently they said that apparently he wants to ride for them as apparently Poole don’t want him apparently. Plus apparently I’ve heard he apparently can’t reside in England apparently so has to live outside England apparently.

Apparently this post could be a load of rubbish. 

• Haha 1

Still going on about Basso signing for us.

Not taking it too well down Dorset way.

Apparently.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MANSE said:

What did they say to him

Have a look what we have got in this brown bag/envelope for you :D

3 minutes ago, Neila said:

Have a look what we have got in this brown bag/envelope for you :D

Was it a bag or an envelope makes a difference between  a lot and even more than a lot so what was it.

Edited by Gazc

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Another “Apparently “:rolleyes:.Popular today.

Apparently Poole is at the arse end off nowhere but it has a train station.

Apparently.