British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Newcastle and then Kent faced these rent demands I understand.

Some of these operations value the speedway others see it as an inconvenience sadly.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ray c said:

We don't know either .well I don't anyway .Matt said they doubled it.so perhaps Poole speedway was not paying enough in  the first place . business is in a bad state in this country .can't see BCP subsiciding to help pay the rent .so who knows what will happen 

There has been a standard agreed year on year rent increase since Matt took over the club, this year Gaming International decided that they wanted to double the rent (not double the increase but a full doubling of the rent) hence the need to sort it out.
Speaking with Danny on Sunday I was under the impression that an agreement had now been reached and it was just the final legal crossing of T's and dotting of I's 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GWC said:

Birmingham Newcastle and then Kent faced these rent demands I understand.

Some of these operations value the speedway others see it as an inconvenience sadly.

Owners go into business for themselves and they honestly don't care about Speedway owners or Speedway in general.

They want to recover as much financial COVID losses as possible and they can hold Speedway owners to ransom knowing full well the Speedway owner has got nowhere else to run his club.

I don't know why Lisa thinks I'm having a pop when I'm just speaking the truth.

Not sure if i am missing something but where is it said that Matt is asking the council for financial support? I am guessing it is more with support around the conditions of the original lease from the council and any provisions contained within the covenant when the land was given to the people of Poole

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, BassoontheGasso said:

Owners go into business for themselves and they honestly don't care about Speedway owners or Speedway in general.

They want to recover as much financial COVID losses as possible and they can hold Speedway owners to ransom knowing full well the Speedway owner has got nowhere else to run his club.

I don't know why Lisa thinks I'm having a pop when I'm just speaking the truth

Edited by Tosh1218
Didn’

I’m not a Poole fan but let’s give there Promotion a chance to sort things out ,as a speedway fan we need as many teams to be in the league as possible as we all know Speedway is a sport that is diminishing in size so

lets get behind all teams that want to come to tapes in 2022   

Good Luck from an ExHull Vikings fan now converted to a Scunthorpe Scorpions fan 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, simonc said:

Not sure if i am missing something but where is it said that Matt is asking the council for financial support? I am guessing it is more with support around the conditions of the original lease from the council and any provisions contained within the covenant when the land was given to the people of Poole

I don't think there looking for financial help from the council, but being the council own it, i think there just looking for support 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, BassoontheGasso said:

I don't know why Lisa thinks I'm having a pop when I'm just speaking the truth.

You are passing over a lot of assumptions as fact, so there is no guarantee that is true. So best not to create rumours on the situation. Unless of course you wish to quote someone official to do with the club or stadium or council. :t:

19 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

I’m not a Poole fan but let’s give there Promotion a chance to sort things out ,as a speedway fan we need as many teams to be in the league as possible as we all know Speedway is a sport that is diminishing in size so

lets get behind all teams that want to come to tapes in 2022   

Good Luck from an ExHull Vikings fan now converted to a Scunthorpe Scorpions fan 

Exactly thanks for that :) People posting their assumptions isn't helpful to fans who just want to know what is happening. That is why I am just sticking to what official media sources are reporting on the situation. 

• Like 1

Why all the smoke and mirrors  the bottom line is Poole haven't been able to announce any riders because they don't know if they will be running next season for sure ,hopefully thats not the case but if it is then teams like Birmingham ,Edinburgh or anyone else still team building will be ready to pounce. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BassoontheGasso said:

Not stirring at all.

Poole cant pay the rent and that's a fact because if they could afford to pay it then Matt wouldn't need to get the council involved by asking them for financial help in order to pay the rent. (Not an opinion)

Matt isn't asking the council for financial help! 

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Why all the smoke and mirrors  the bottom line is Poole haven't been able to announce any riders because they don't know if they will be running next season for sure ,hopefully thats not the case but if it is then teams like Birmingham ,Edinburgh or anyone else still team building will be ready to pounce. 

Exactly what I said but it went down the wrong way with Poole fans.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, BassoontheGasso said:

Exactly what I said but it went down the wrong way with Poole fans.

They find the truth hard to swallow. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Exactly thanks for that :) People posting their assumptions isn't helpful to fans who just want to know what is happening. That is why I am just sticking to what official media sources are reporting on the situation. 

I agree.  Although it would have maybe helped us of a more inquisitive nature had they said they were still in negotiation on the stadium, although were confident of a resolution. The silence sowed more seeds of doubt in minds like mine as they normally drip feed us rider signings. Many of us already had an idea of who might be signing although Matt especially always had surprises up his sleeve on riders we had maybe not included. 

The more signings announced elsewhere coupled with early rumours on Lawson signing (first announced on Polish Speedway news site many weeks ago and then mysteriously removed a day or so later), supplied more fuel to Lawson/Steve Worrall and King being secured. Further rumours on Kemp and long ago rumours re Zach Cook coming over from Plymouth after his late season heroics and with Ben having a good first season (hampered by injury in later part of the season), plus both living together as brothers at Middlo's removed much doubt on the top 6. Also with Plymouth naming their team early without Zach. It  kind of left us really only having the 2 plus pointer at number 7. 

I hope personally its Mulford (named as number 8 at K/Lynn after an excellent first real season for Kent in N/L and Champ. Ablitt as second choice who has commited to B.Vue in NDL for 2022. Both still 17 both born in March a few days apart. just a feeling that Mulford has something extra hence why KL jumped in to give him that 8th slot. Maybe someone on the Forum has a better insight on that one.

In the meantime lets hope Matt & Danny resolve the stadium situation asap.

• Like 1