British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, 2ndbendbuncher said:

Time to take off pirate tinted glasses, the stadium is only now used for part of the year, occupying a prime piece of land in center of Poole, if the lease holder and council come up with a financial settlement on the remaining years of the lease = one empty stadium which then returns to BCP control to do what they wish, or the lease holder 'assists' with developments.....'football and community stadium' that dose not involve the Pirates. There will still be a sporting facility (new football only ground) on the stadium site so no problems with change of use, surrounded by a new housing development which comes with all the financial benefits to the BCP, sadly a lot boxes being ticked for the council.

Apologies if I'm misunderstanding what your saying, but is the stadium site big enough to accommodate even a small football stadium and a housing development? 

The trend these days seems to be moving sports stadiums out of town centres and in into brown field sites or the back of an industrial estate thus leaving the more valuable land for housing.

Matt Ford told me last week that he was hopeful of the rent issue being sorted shortly after Christmas. As soon as he had received written confirmation which had been delayed due to 'people being away on holiday'.

I would expect the rider announcements to begin thereafter.

It'll be very interesting to see the football club's stadium plans next month as well as the BCP Council's revised 'big plan' to regenerate various areas of the conurbation with reduced housing targets. The previous Poole Council had earmarked a section of the Poole Stadium Car/Lorry park and vacant office block backing onto Wimborne Road for housing development, which could have been achieved without having any major impact on the Stadium itself.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Matt Ford told me last week that he was hopeful of the rent issue being sorted shortly after Christmas. As soon as he had received written confirmation which had been delayed due to 'people being away on holiday'.

It'll be very interesting to see the football club's stadium plans next month as well as the BCP Council's revised 'big plan' to regenerate various areas of the conurbation with reduced housing targets. The previous Poole Council had earmarked a section of the Poole Stadium Car/Lorry park and vacant office block backing onto Wimborne Road for housing development, which could have been achieved without having any major impact on the Stadium itself.

Talking to Danny was told the same.

Believe the railway sidings are earmarked for residential developement

• Like 1

That's good news about the rent issue, we all know what happens when people move into an area with a potential noise problem, even when its been there years! Looking at the developments in and around BCP at the moment seeing how the maximum is being squeezed out of each.

As someone who sat through the last Poole FC public planning meeting for the Bear Wood proposal I will be interested! as its part of a 'major development' and that came straight from the chairman.

Hopefully when the Pirates come to the tapes next season it will be difficult to improve on this years team not just the results, enjoyable to watch that created a good atmosphere and finally a much improved track to race on, how nice to have a variety of teams. Did I miss the 'top league' no but then again I had some of the best times following Poole in the National League.

Edited by 2ndbendbuncher
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Good news that it is almost sorted out and then we can relax a bit! (Apart from Trackrat of course). 

1 hour ago, brianbuck said:

Depressing indeed to find that a hard core of so-called supporters seem to be revelling in Poole's current difficulties.

I wish the club well and hope that these problems can be overcome - and I don't doubt that this is also the wish of the big majority, regardless of which other team has their allegiance.

Well we have the troll Trackrat and the so called speedway fan Lewy from Plymouth who are clearly not speedway supporters. No decent fan would want to see any club fold but it is obvious this is exactly what these two want.  Should have their sorry arses kicked of this forum imo.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well we have the troll Trackrat and the so called speedway fan Lewy from Plymouth who are clearly not speedway supporters. No decent fan would want to see any club fold but it is obvious this is exactly what these two want.  Should have their sorry arses kicked of this forum imo.

I disagree. Perhaps they just like a bit of tribal banter. Nobody really likes seeing clubs go to the wall whatever they say. I think it's completely over the top to say that they should be kicked off the forum.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

I disagree. Perhaps they just like a bit of tribal banter. Nobody really likes seeing clubs go to the wall whatever they say. I think it's completely over the top to say that they should be kicked off the forum.

The forum needs characters to keep the site ticking over in my opinion.

Edited by TTT
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Good news that it is almost sorted out and then we can relax a bit! (Apart from Trackrat of course). 

He will be out celebrating :party::drink:

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Quite agree, anyone who deliberately winds others up on the BSF should be banned.

• Haha 3

Have heard through the grape vine, new air fence being delivered Saturday week 

Edited by Arthur54
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Amazing!!! You've spent years baiting folk on this forum and had plenty of bites, now who's biting? Were you ever kicked off the forum for it?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, TTT said:

The forum needs characters to keep the site ticking over in my opinion.

sorry but wanting a club to shut down is not banter 

• Like 3