British Speedway Forum

46 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think we are talking about different track alterations. Poole Town left after the 94-95 football season and the track changes I'm referring to were done in time for the 1996 speedway season and were possible because there was no longer a need for a football pitch on the grass infield meaning the white line was taken in. 

That’s when they moved the track back to where it was originally and the dog track was reinstated but they made it wider by bringing the bends in as there was no football anymore. Which is how it still is now.:t:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, scottyfan said:

That’s when they moved the track back to where it was originally and the dog track was reinstated but they made it wider by bringing the bends in as there was no football anymore. Which is how it still is now.:t:

I did enjoy the bigger track, compared to the original narrow version.

14 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Just read Oxford announcing last 2 riders at 7 a.m Thursday.

May well give us a better  idea of our number 7 IF they announce one of Ablitt/Mulford.

Oxford have chosen Macdonald and Ryml so we can still have one of those if we really want them! 

27 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Oxford have chosen Macdonald and Ryml so we can still have one of those if we really want them! 

And if they want to ride for you… might be like Basso and prefer elsewhere 

2 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Hopefully! I would rather have a better reserve than those two. 

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Hopefully! I would rather have a better reserve than those two. 

yes quite agree like you said on a early post drew kemp should have been our second reserve .still we shall see:t:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ray c said:

yes quite agree like you said on a early post drew kemp should have been our second reserve .still we shall see:t:

Yes that is what I was trying to say but some seem to take it as I don't think Kemp is  good enough which is not correct. I think Kemp has a lot of potential and will win races but I think making him the stronger reserve is putting too much pressure on him as this stage in his career. 

10 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes that is what I was trying to say but some seem to take it as I don't think Kemp is  good enough which is not correct. I think Kemp has a lot of potential and will win races but I think making him the stronger reserve is putting too much pressure on him as this stage in his career. 

yes and also he may end up having more rides .he needs to at this stage in  his career

6 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Was only down to the race night, was very happy at poole, why wouldn't he be, we win trophys :party:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Was only down to the race night, was very happy at poole, why wouldn't he be, we win trophys :party:

So happy he couldn't wait to get up to sunny Scotland… and didnt Poole say they could accommodate the race night issue 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

So happy he couldn't wait to get up to sunny Scotland… and didnt Poole say they could accommodate the race night issue 

Sunny Scotland :rofl:

On 12/20/2021 at 4:30 PM, HGould said:

100% rent related. 

Seems greedy landlords again. 

Hopefully it gets sorted as losing Poole would be a massive blow. 

On 12/20/2021 at 4:40 PM, Trackerman48 said:

Don't know where you get your information from? But not right. 

Do you still maintain the delay in announcing the Poole team is not rent related?

24 minutes ago, lewy said:

Do you still maintain the delay in announcing the Poole team is not rent related?

It was rent BUT the time it was something else which was sorted out it  was not all about just rent.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

It was rent BUT the time it was something else which was sorted out it  was not all about just rent.

So in other words you were wrong :party:

• Like 1

Liked the old Poole track layout which allowed you right up close to the action - which added to the spectacle. 

Always enjoyed the old Canterbury track which allowed you to get up close to the action and the flying shale.

• Like 1