Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

14 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

History means nothing! Are you being serious? Then a dig at a very successful club hoping they will end. Forgive me if incorrect but that is exactly how your post reads. I have supported Peterborough for many years, most began with little success (apart from 4TT with home advantage). Then finally after the Hawkins era we became winners, NL and PL. Memories that will stay with me forever, even if the bulldozers eventually move in. 
Poole have had tough times but found success and a legacy of success. I’ve not always agreed with rule manipulation but it’s been going on long before Poole. 

Slightly off topic, you are going to love young Benjamin Basso next season, very exciting on track, and very good off track with the fans 

6 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Slightly off topic, you are going to love young Benjamin Basso next season, very exciting on track, and very good off track with the fans 

Be interesting to see how well he does in the Prem, sure he will be in the 1-5 some point in the season. 

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Be interesting to see how well he does in the Prem, sure he will be in the 1-5 some point in the season. 

I think trackprat has cralled back into his hole, after being reminded by Andy of our latest success 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew2021 said:

We win... You hate us...

Hahahaha

Hahahaha

Hahahaha

I Love having a fantastic successful club to support. 

Up ye Pirates.... Now and always. Win or lose. 

Another great post to strengthen respect for the Pirates. You might have took time to construct such a humorous post, but unfortunately discovery of a new COVID variant would be funnier. Your win or lose reference is interesting. The latter is alien to Poole at the moment and when things do dip (at some point they will, it’s called life) I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the Poole posters on this forum disappear (perhaps change sports and big up Man Utd when they come good again).

I may not support Poole but I do respect the shrewdness of Fat Maud and the way he operates. Unfortunately the continued arrogance of some Pirates posters is creating a time bomb for other posters to have a field day.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Hope so. I do have my reservations regarding full throttle newby’s. How many times have we said a race is 4 laps then in the fence after 2. Made a big difference to Poole once he settled. Really can’t predict how he will go. Will need to start well with Oyster easing himself back on such an average. Sheffield look the team to beat in my opinion. 

57 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

The same cant be said for many of the Poole contributors on here.. its a big reason why Poole are so disliked on these pages as much as some dress it up as jealousy etc (lets be honst most couldnt name who won the league 3/4 years ago so its hardly a massive prize to win it) 

I doubt many Poole fans wanted the demise of Coventry, I loved trips to Brandon, seeing Andreas Jonnson fly past Tony Rickardsson and Leigh Adams was a sight to behold. Yes we had a rivalry but the sport needs that. I am very sad it has gone. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

Hope so. I do have my reservations regarding full throttle newby’s. How many times have we said a race is 4 laps then in the fence after 2. Made a big difference to Poole once he settled. Really can’t predict how he will go. Will need to start well with Oyster easing himself back on such an average. Sheffield look the team to beat in my opinion. 

All i will say is sometimes you may have to close your eyes and hope for the best 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

Guessing you remember the young Ronni Pedersen then,  was entertainment with a capital E but also at times "F" in frustrating

29 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Guessing you remember the young Ronni Pedersen then,  was entertainment with a capital E but also at times "F" in frustrating

Oh yes I certainly do, was at Newport, Ipswich and Peterborough supporting Pedersen and Sadler. 

Edited by Hodgy

12 hours ago, phillipsr said:

I dont want it to but i wouldnt be fussed if it did.. its only what Poole fans deserve after they reacted to happily to the demise of Coventry

Coventry, have some of the worst fans in speedway. Gloating when they win and bad mouthing when they loose 

Who exactly reacted happly to the demise of the Bees ?

You really are a sad person if that's what you want to happen. It also makes you know different from the so called Poole fans you alleged were gloating when Brandon closed.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

I think trackprat has cralled back into his hole, after being reminded by Andy of our latest success 

No, I was out buying you a dictionary.

12 minutes ago, Shaleshifter said:

Coventry, have some of the worst fans in speedway. Gloating when they win and bad mouthing when they loose 

You really are a sad person if that's what you want to happen. It also makes you know different from the so called Poole fans you alleged were gloating when Brandon closed.

Pot,kettle, black. 1st paragraph!

Edited by lewy

13 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

See if you can get a "job lot deal" There are several others posting who could do with some help, see below for an example.        :D                                                                                  14 minutes , Shaleshifter said:

34 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Thanks, i keep spelling Poole Paul, so that should help now :t: