British Speedway Forum

13 hours ago, gazzac said:

Ignore

Yeah, probably best. Really pathetic the way he and his mate continue with their playground stuff from their bedrooms.

12 hours ago, phillipsr said:

The irony of there not being one fact in this load of rubbish is again amazing, ill also expect all Poole fans to stop commenting on other teams threads. After all there for there fans 

I'll re-write this for you in the Queens English....

The irony of there not being one fact in this load of rubbish is again amazing. I'll also expect all Poole fans to stop commenting on other teams threads. After all, they're for their fans.

I'll also re-write it for you to make it factually correct....

There is no irony in this post which is a list of factually correct statements which are amazing. I'll also expect the handful of Poole fans who comment on other teams threads to continue to do so as they do not troll unlike the above and Thrushrat. After all, they're for all fans.

Now back to being sensible, commenting on any thread is welcome by all.  But trolling and fishing is childish, pathetic and unwanted.

Us Poole supporters are very passionate about our team which is run well by owners who genuinely love the club.  They ensure that the Pirates are financially stable and build teams which are capable of challenging for honours year after year whichever league they're in.  There are other clubs which are also run well, however they are nowhere near as successful as Poole have been and that's the bottom line.  I do concede that I've not always agreed with some of the tactics that Matt Ford has employed over the years, some of which have been perceived to be a little 'naughty', however all teams have been guilty of the same if it produces results.  Also, since taking the reigns a couple of years ago, Danny Ford so far hasn't implemented any tactics which 'bend' the rules...and for that I applaud him.

The basis of the 2022 team which has been announced so far looks very good.  If the rumours are true (and looking at riders that are not already signed) then the rest of the team will also look very good and IMO we will again be the team to beat.

It's a real shame that a handful of folk will continue get pleasure from trolling and posting antagonistic nonsense just because our club are is so successful.  I guess the saying is correct, 'success breeds contempt'.

Here's to another successful year for the mighty Poole Pirates!

Edited by chris4gillian
  • Like 8

16 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

That should keep STEVEHOLS54 happy!! and when he's done 4 Home/4 Away meetings he becomes a Poole asset.

Thanks Skidder :).

Yes happy with that move. You only have to look at that Eastbourne race on Youtube to see that the lad has potential, and that was his first meeting for them. Such a shame Eastbourne closed so quickly after thus depriving him of more meetings/experience at that level.

I really hope Poole supporters exercise patience with him. We have been kind of spoiled for so long having strong reserves over the years. Will be nice to see him progress and also as an asset (following your above comments) its an added bonus.

Will no doubt have plenty of last places, but let's concentrate on the positives when he does beat riders and picks up points like he did in that Eastbourne ride & meeting with 4 paid 5 from 4 rides. Will also be good having experienced riders in the pits to help and a good manager in Middlo. You never know, if anything like late last season we could even have Jack Holder (and maybe even Chris as well) attending in the pits  when not on riding duties elsewhere. They sure did help out some of our young riders during those last meetings giving advice. That's the kind of experience young riders like Nathan will hopefully learn from.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

I'll re-write this for you in the Queens English....

The irony of there not being one fact in this load of rubbish is again amazing. I'll also expect all Poole fans to stop commenting on other teams threads. After all, they're for their fans.

I'll also re-write it for you to make it factually correct....

There is no irony in this post which is a list of factually correct statements which are amazing. I'll also expect the handful of Poole fans who comment on other teams threads to continue to do so as they do not troll unlike the above and Thrushrat. After all, they're for all fans.

Now back to being sensible, commenting on any thread is welcome by all.  But trolling and fishing is childish, pathetic and unwanted.

Us Poole supporters are very passionate about our team which is run well by owners who genuinely love the club.  They ensure that the Pirates are financially stable and build teams which are capable of challenging for honours year after year whichever league they're in.  There are other clubs which are also run well, however they are nowhere near as successful as Poole have been and that's the bottom line.  I do concede that I've not always agreed with some of the tactics that Matt Ford has employed over the years, some of which have been perceived to be a little 'naughty', however all teams have been guilty of the same if it produces results.  Also, since taking the reigns a couple of years ago, Danny Ford so far hasn't implemented any tactics which 'bend' the rules...and for that I applaud him.

The basis of the 2022 team which has been announced so far looks very good.  If the rumours are true (and looking at riders that are not already signed) then the rest of the team will also look very good and IMO we will again be the team to beat.

It's a real shame that a handful of folk will continue get pleasure from trolling and posting antagonistic nonsense just because our club are is so successful.  I guess the saying is correct, 'success breeds contempt'.

Here's to another successful year for the mighty Poole Pirates!

Well that was boring and full of lies , not sure you understand what a fact is  

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Thanks Skidder :).

Yes happy with that move. You only have to look at that Eastbourne race on Youtube to see that the lad has potential, and that was his first meeting for them. Such a shame Eastbourne closed so quickly after thus depriving him of more meetings/experience at that level.

I really hope Poole supporters exercise patience with him. We have been kind of spoiled for so long having strong reserves over the years. Will be nice to see him progress and also as an asset (following your above comments) its an added bonus.

Will no doubt have plenty of last places, but let's concentrate on the positives when he does beat riders and picks up points like he did in that Eastbourne ride & meeting with 4 paid 5 from 4 rides. Will also be good having experienced riders in the pits to help and a good manager in Middlo. You never know, if anything like late last season we could even have Jack Holder (and maybe even Chris as well) attending in the pits  when not on riding duties elsewhere. They sure did help out some of our young riders during those last meetings giving advice. That's the kind of experience young riders like Nathan will hopefully learn from.

Not just late season - Chris, Jack and Brady were in the Poole pits more than for their Premiership and other clubs for most of the season.  Expect them to continue with that support (Jack spannering for Ben/Zach - if confirmed?:blink::rolleyes:)

12 hours ago, Jason.C said:

If I could ask people to take a look at this topic regarding Poole Stadium when they have moment it would be appreciated.

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/91191-poole-stadium-possible-future-redevelopment/

Well done Jason - I saw from Facebook that you'd done this (with thanks from Matt too.)

I've already posted my comments on their consultation document,

So Come On Poole fans please add your comments on the Council document and show the politicians what supporting a successful Speedway Club is all about!!

23 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Not much going on on the Scunthorpe thread, the Poole one is more interesting 

No site news required & team news sorted so it is quiet on our thread, like a few others.

I would not say yours is interesting as it is getting a bit tedious. :o

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

That should keep STEVEHOLS54 happy!! and when he's done 4 Home/4 Away meetings he becomes a Poole asset.

I thought, & thought you would know, after 4 Home/4 Away meetings he gets an average. After 12 meetings he becomes an asset. Isn't that what happened to B Basso?

16 hours ago, phillipsr said:

The irony of there not being one fact in this load of rubbish is again amazing, ill also expect all Poole fans to stop commenting on other teams threads. After all there for there fans 

ill :rofl:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

"ill" as in SICK. :t:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

I thought, & thought you would know, after 4 Home/4 Away meetings he gets an average. After 12 meetings he becomes an asset. Isn't that what happened to B Basso?

Of course you are correct with the 12 meetings. I was having a senior moment with all the Poole stadium stuff going on!!!!

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

The last resort of someone with no argument is to pick apart grammar. Apologies for not finding it easy but i guess what is easy is to pick apart someones difficulties. Shows the sort of people Poole fans are and why very few will be sad to see your demise 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

The last resort of someone with no argument is to pick apart grammar. Apologies for not finding it easy but i guess what is easy is to pick apart someones difficulties. Shows the sort of people Poole fans are and why very few will be sad to see your demise 

Were not going anywhere my old mate 

It does make me laugh when some cov fans come on here moaning about Poole fans and the club and cheating,  think they should think back to when a certain polish rider missed a meeting so he could stay at reserve for the play offs.  With the club stating he was injured the FACT WAS HE WASN'T so who was cheating then?. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1