British Speedway Forum

13 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

You obviously haven't been to Poole in ages, the trackman does a brilliant job, as vouched by the riders 

We all know that, he has been told that before but just keeps saying the same old anti Poole stuff he has said for years. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

IIRC in the 2010 season every team had a number 8 they could declare at any time for a meeting in place of any rider. Coventry's was Aaron Summers and I suspect they used this RULE to make sure Pawlicki didn't ride enough meetings to move up before the Play Offs. A masterstroke to be fair, but a rule not thought out properly at the same time (who knew?!) 

:D

They have had plenty of this over the years haven't they?...

Bless them... :D

Poole would have been a cracking side with Basso in the  7 riders so Glasgow pulled one Over the Pirates about time it happened to them

34 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Poole would have been a cracking side with Basso in the  7 riders so Glasgow pulled one Over the Pirates about time it happened to them

Let's see who's laughing come October 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Let's see who's laughing come October 

I think Glasgow will be as there assured to run in 2023 season  , they own there own stadium 

Poole fans need to get involved with any "Local Plan" . The stadium needs to be (& seen as) a benefit to the community not just speedway once a week 8 months of the year. Its current use as a car park is probably seen as its biggest asset locally. There must be 20 different things that could operate & benefit the community from the stadium. I'm sure this will be the only way speedway @ Poole & in the U.K. will survive long term.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tosh1218 said:

I think Glasgow will be as there assured to run in 2023 season  , they own there own stadium 

*they're*

*their*

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Haha 1

Spelling and grammar police are out in force in this thread, desperation comes to mind.

• Haha 1

Not really. But the correct there/their/they're is primary school grammar. Everyone knows which one to use it is whether people can be bothered to use the correct one.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not really. But the correct there/their/they're is primary school grammar. Everyone knows which one to use it is whether people can be bothered to use the correct one.

God,,, you must of went to a posh school? ;)

6 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Do they?

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

God,,, you must of went to a posh school? ;)

Try ‘ you must have gone to(or attended) a posh school’. Nearly there, but probably over achieved if you are Geordie.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Try ‘ you must have gone to(or attended) a posh school’. Nearly there, but probably over achieved if you are Geordie.

I think you missed the irony

2 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I think you missed the irony

….Or perhaps you didn’t see that it was simply a continuation of a bit of light hearted fun!

8 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

….Or perhaps you didn’t see that it was simply a continuation of a bit of light hearted fun!

Nope