British Speedway Forum

On 1/16/2022 at 7:05 PM, scottyfan said:

Anyway, back to Poole 2022……

Think the next announcement will be the return of Ben Cook :t:

Good Guess :party:

• Like 1

Confused by the Poole statement on their website that Ben Cooke got injured while guesting for Plymouth at Redcar and this held him back for the rest of the season as the only guest for that meeting was Hume.

Edited by Bendonebunching

16 minutes ago, Bendonebunching said:

Confused by the Poole statement on their website that Ben Cooke got injured while guesting for Plymouth at Redcar and this held him back for the rest of the season as the only guest for that meeting was Hume.

He was definitely guesting for someone at Redcar. Glasgow maybe? 

14 minutes ago, Bendonebunching said:

He got hurt guesting for Redcar v Newcastle on the 23rd July at Redcar.

He scored 2*3 F/X = 5+1…Hope that helps.

Poole website has it wrong :t:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lewy said:

3 no1's,4 reserves interesting to see how this goes.

I think the Cook's will be fine as they are improving and should be able to hold their own but the reserves are a worry and a lot seems to be expected of Kemp.

21 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I think the Cook's will be fine as they are improving and should be able to hold their own but the reserves are a worry and a lot seems to be expected of Kemp.

Kemp will do OK at reserve,but if the Cook’s don’t perform and improve,Kemp might find himself in Top 5.Pressure is on the Cook’s IMO.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Personally think you are worrying other nothing with Kemp! Last time he was at Poole he beat Basso twice and Hume. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Kemp will do OK at reserve,but if the Cook’s don’t perform and improve,Kemp might find himself in Top 5.Pressure is on the Cook’s IMO.

Yes, be interesting to see how Ben does next season. Last season he had no expectation and got to grips with the tracks quicker than people were expecting. I don't see any problem with him getting 5/6 points a meeting though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Personally think you are worrying other nothing with Kemp! Last time he was at Poole he beat Basso twice and Hume. 

Yes not sure that would happen again or on a regular basis, for me Basso and Hume are both better riders than Kemp.

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes, be interesting to see how Ben does next season. Last season he had no expectation and got to grips with the tracks quicker than people were expecting. I don't see any problem with him getting 5/6 points a meeting though. 

I agree i am more than happy with the Cook's although i think Zach may turn out to be the better rider in time.

9 hours ago, lewy said:

3 no1's,4 reserves interesting to see how this goes.

Poor Birmingham desperately need a number one. In fact I’d say their future and survival looks very bleak indeed without one. 
doesn’t seem right to me. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Poor Birmingham desperately need a number one. In fact I’d say their future and survival looks very bleak indeed without one. 

Even if there were some kind of restrictions introduced to limit top-end strength, would the "spare" riders want to sign up with a club which has had such a chequered recent past, especially with a new ownership which is yet to establish any past record and reputation including capability when it comes to paying riders? 

3 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Lets see who our last 3 signings are before we start to get the violins out ? LOL

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Kinda of agree but you can't force riders onto a club unless you have it in the rules.

7 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Even if there were some kind of restrictions introduced to limit top-end strength, would the "spare" riders want to sign up with a club which has had such a chequered recent past, especially with a new ownership which is yet to establish any past record and reputation including capability when it comes to paying riders? 

True, especially with Richard Lawson who has had trouble with a few clubs. He is only going to sign for someone who is 100% secure imo.

Edited by lisa-colette

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Kinda of agree but you can't force riders onto a club unless you have it in the rules.

True, especially with Richard Lawson who has had trouble with a few clubs. He is only going to sign for someone who is 100% secure imo.

Yes not sure Lawson's issues have been all of the respective clubs making, I would have thought you should look at the common denominator.