British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Yes not sure Lawson's issues have been all of the respective clubs making, I would have thought you should look at the common denominator. 

I'm taking what Richard said at face value. I haven't seen the clubs saying otherwise (although I may have missed it!)

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Kinda of agree but you can't force riders onto a club unless you have it in the rules.

True, especially with Richard Lawson who has had trouble with a few clubs. He is only going to sign for someone who is 100% secure imo.

No such thing as 100% sure but Lawson in particular is going to be choosy over who he does business with.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I'm taking what Richard said at face value. I haven't seen the clubs saying otherwise (although I may have missed it!)

Probably a personal thing with me, don't like Lawson always moaning about something.

18 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Probably a personal thing with me, don't like Lawson always moaning about something.

Part of me is still annoyed that he welched on a deal he had with my team,but it does seem you may be right in what you say Poole always seem to have a great team spirit I wonder if that will continue only time will tell,what I do no is that he is no Rory Schlien (apologises if I have spelt that wrong) on track or off it.

8 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Poor Birmingham desperately need a number one. In fact I’d say their future and survival looks very bleak indeed without one. 
doesn’t seem right to me. 

'Survival'?? Bit overdramatic no?

22 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

'Survival'?? Bit overdramatic no?

Crowds of 400 with bomber and Erik Riss starring for them last year. 
since then a huge rent increase and a new promotion with one third heat leader and 4 second strings so far as their team with very few riders available 
very similar scenario to Newcastle last year. 

53 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Part of me is still annoyed that he welched on a deal he had with my team,but it does seem you may be right in what you say Poole always seem to have a great team spirit I wonder if that will continue only time will tell,what I do no is that he is no Rory Schlien (apologises if I have spelt that wrong) on track or off it.

No Rory was fantastic last season on and off the track, very nice guy and that is coming from someone who used to dislike him a lot when he rode for the Bees.

rory always came across as a smashing guy when interviewed not sure about richard lawson cant warm to him 

• Like 2

Always found Richard a good guy in his Glasgow days, still well thought of by majority of our supporters. Being the son of God might help that. He's just not the most entertaining rider, win a lot of races but not the best from the back

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ray c said:

rory always came across as a smashing guy when interviewed not sure about richard lawson cant warm to him 

I remember him talking to a old lady in a wheelchair once, so nice of him to take time to do that in the middle of a meeting and it obviously brightened up her day immensely 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Team sprit starts with The team manager and Midlo is one of the best in the business 

On 1/18/2022 at 6:35 AM, Racin Jason 72 said:

Poor Birmingham desperately need a number one. In fact I’d say their future and survival looks very bleak indeed without one. 
doesn’t seem right to me. 

Div 2 teams being too strong is the biggest single issue for the sport for me...

Should have had a points limit for top three riders in each team to share the heat leaders around..

Even if the teams with the most money then pay over the odds to bring a new high assessed rider in it would still have freed up heat leaders that they couldnt accommodate.. 

Given the disparity between top and bottom in each team in Div 2, it makes sense for teams with cash to spend big on heat leaders, as the bottom end of the team wont be of a level to demand too much I would think, and would be very interchangeable as the season goes on..

Will they ever truly see that working together to keep your weakest link strong enough to compete is the only way forward? 

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Div 2 teams being too strong is the biggest single issue for the sport for me...

Should have had a points limit for top three riders in each team ro share the heat leaders around..

Even if the teams with the most money then pay over the odds to bring a new high assessed rider in it would still have freed up heat leaders that they couldnt accommodate.. 

Given the disparity between top and bottom in each team in Div 2, it makes sense for teams with cash to spend big on heat leaders, as the bottom end of the team wont be of a level to demand too much I would think, and would be very interchangeable as the season goes on..

Will they ever truly see that working together to keep your weakest link strong enough to compete is the only way forward? 

Agree with all of that. A top rider in division 2 should then progress to number 7 in division 1 and carry on climbing the ladder. 
it’s farcical that Edinburgh 2nd heat leader is also number 1 for kings Lynn in the premiership 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Should have had a points limit for top three riders in each team ro share the heat leaders around..

Would the Promotions reduce Admission prices for fans to watch a lesser Product though.!