British Speedway Forum

34 minutes ago, AndyPresley said:

Surely you are getting it right if you have as many titles to your name as Poole do, regardless of how you get there?

OK so why are they so poor at putting teams together at the beginning of the season that major changes are needed every year? 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Hmm not sure, Scunthorpe fans questioned his commitment last season, so that would put a doubt in my mind. 

Wasn't committed to 'us' (B'ham) the season before either (2019)?

Having said that...it didnt help when Hume (own team mate) fetched him off mid way through the season :D

Edited by GiveusaB

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

OK so why are they so poor at putting teams together at the beginning of the season that major changes are needed every year? 

I wouldn't say major changes 

it's speedway, riders get injured, how many teams in the country will finish with their starting 7?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

So if the final place does go to Lawson, the Poole 1-7 will be something like this (including the 2.5% reduction for the Brits):-

1. Worrall      9.05

2. Ben Cook  5.52

3.Lawson       8.40 

4. Z.Cook       4.25

5. King            8.99

6. Kemp          3.58

7. Ablitt           2.00   

Total   =          41.79  

Assuming as expected that is the team, if Poole are at worst within a few points by heat 11, they're unlikely to lose many matches, especially at home again. 

1 hour ago, stevehone said:

it's speedway, riders get injured, how many teams in the country will finish with their starting 7?

None but Poole wont do it because of injury they will do it because there not putting a good team together at the beginning of the season so riders will be dropped and replaced or like last year they will use suitable guests depending on where there riding 

15 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

None but Poole wont do it because of injury they will do it because there not putting a good team together at the beginning of the season so riders will be dropped and replaced or like last year they will use suitable guests depending on where there riding 

One rider last season got dropped. 

27 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

One rider last season got dropped. 

...and that was due to off-track issues rather than on-track performances, although his assessed starting average of 4.00 only increased to 4.05 by the end of season so a fairly good decision to let Plymouth have him I reckon:t:(eh Lewy?!).  Talked the talk but couldn't walk the walk.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

...and that was due to off-track issues rather than on-track performances, although his assessed starting average of 4.00 only increased to 4.05 by the end of season so a fairly good decision to let Plymouth have him I reckon:t:(eh Lewy?!).  Talked the talk but couldn't walk the walk.

Is that why no team have offered a team place this season?

8 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Is that why no team have offered a team place this season?

Tbf he did a good job at home for Plymouth in fact he won rider of the night a few times it was his away form that let him down and I expect he will have a team before long.

Skidder Plymouths website has been updated and we have a new main team sponsor  i know you were concerned back along you can rest easy now:t:

Just now, lewy said:

Tbf he did a good job at home for Plymouth in fact he won rider of the night a few times it was his away form that let him down and I expect he will have a team before long.

Hi lewy did not think he was coming back over this season? Maybe wrong.

And why not when rules allow them to do so? 

Makes total sense to me in a competition that doesnt take on any meaning (if any at all) until the back end of the season...

Is it top six or four who qualify for the play offs?

Either way, you would expect Poole to be in the play offs and enter them with a team that could quite conceivably win the final...

• Like 2

Just now, Trackerman48 said:

Hi lewy did not think he was coming back over this season? Maybe wrong.

He may not be in any starting line ups but just my personal opinion he could replace an injured rider before the end of the season. I would welcome him back at Plymouth if we had injuries and could get him in at reserve 

So how do you rate the team put together