British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, daz9100 said:

I'm so glad the Fords have a good relationship with Mark "the Undertaker" Phillips because you would be well advised not to pi££ him off. Those of us that know Mark consider him a hard working man of his word, top bloke all-round, he fully deserves any success coming Plymouth's way in '22.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ghosty said:

I'm so glad the Fords have a good relationship with Mark "the Undertaker" Phillips because you would be well advised not to pi££ him off. Those of us that know Mark consider him a hard working man of his word, top bloke all-round, he fully deserves any success coming Plymouth's way in '22.

The relationship is good having assisted last seasons Crump and Pedersen signings as well as setting-up the Keleher switch. With the Poole-based Garry May link as well i'm sure everything is fine.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

The relationship is good having assisted last seasons Crump and Pedersen signings as well as setting-up the Keleher switch. With the Poole-based Garry May link as well i'm sure everything is fine.

No one said it wasn't. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

One other point worth mentioning methinks is that we have 5 Brits in our starting septet :t:

So do Redcar and Plymouth...Newcastle and Leicester have 6 I think ? 

8 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

But we haven't had 5 for quite a few years, so I thought it was worth a mention.  And it's good to see so many British boys in all the teams...I never meant it as a competition!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

But we haven't had 5 for quite a few years, so I thought it was worth a mention.  And it's good to see so many British boys in all the teams...I never meant it as a competition!

My post wasn't meant as a direct comparison....just promoting the positives of the Brits inclusion.

It's all we have, especially with Poland killing the sport in this country IMO.

Not criticising the Poles....after all, speedway is popular there most likely coz they're sh#te at football amongst other sports....(a whole new debate...) LOL

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

yes but it dont often happen at poole:t:

There are more Brits of the required standard in the Championship!!:rolleyes:

21 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

There are more Brits of the required standard in the Championship!!:rolleyes:

I think its more of..... 'the Championship has dropped to a level to suit the standard of rider' if you get my drift....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Surely you await his posts with bated breath!

15 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Fair point Bagpuss forget Poole is deaths waiting room so its fair 

Got to agree foreverblue his posts are certainly baited. :D.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

There is a general, encouraging, trend in seeing more British riders staffing CL squads.   Even Berwick, where they've been fairly thin on the ground, now have (at least) three this year.  Whatever the reason, more home riders moving through the leagues can only be good news.....

• Like 4

Poole P&P  is on 25th March at 1pm for media, invited guests, sponsors and season ticket holders. On track practice from 3.30pm.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Lawson is a decent signing and will score well , hopefully we won't regret not having a stronger reserve.

....and becomes a full asset for Poole in a swap with Basso. Lets hope he's as much of a crowd-pleaser!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

....and becomes a full asset for Poole in a swap with Basso. Lets hope he's as much of a crowd-pleaser!

Richard Lawson is a very good speedway rider, but entertaining he is not. Not quite a gating tart but in 3 seasons think can count on 2 hands number of passes he had after 2nd bend

• Like 1