British Speedway Forum

46 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Don’t worry about us, we will be fine. 

Much to his disappointment! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, phillipsr said:

2010 Poole vs Coventry PO Final 2nd Leg - YouTube

Great Times - To think in a couple of years time neither team will exist 

Shame you didn't put the ko Cup 2nd leg Coventry v Poole when we came from 16pts down to win, 2003 i think 

Edited by Arthur54
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Shame you didn't put the ko Cup 2nd leg Coventry v Poole when we came from 16pts down to win, 2003 i think 

:t::t::t:

Nobody remembers that but EVERYBODY remembers 2010 :D :wink:

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Was that the 'Rosco admitting cheating' year?!:nono:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Nope, not everybody! I have erased it from my mind!:D Anyway 2003 is the bigger comeback so therefore much better. :t:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Nope, not everybody! I have erased it from my mind!:D Anyway 2003 is the bigger comeback so therefore much better. :t:

I definitely can't remember that one!

Lynn's first season in Division 2 which probably explains it.

Great to see more sponsors on board - both old and new - excellent!

• Like 4

Some great feedback regarding the Glasgow travelling fans at the final in at about 19min 10sec too 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

I'm not really into podcast but this looked/sounded very good. I think it's the way speedway needs to go to attract the younger generations..........

1 million percent...

EVERY promoter should go onto YouTube to see how SE Dons (a footlball Sunday League team), do their highlights of their games...

Others do the same having seen how successful the Dons are..

Sunday League teams now get 2000 fans going to a match and 10,000 "likes" on their shows...

And sell a large amount of merchandise online...

Whilst doing great work locally helping their community and charities, which can only then "spread the word" further..

And making "personalities" out of the players..

With, in the main, some very basic technology given mobile phone cameras these days are so good...

Poole's "bitesize" coverage is perfect for the consumer today who wants instant return for their time invested in watching something.. 

Hence, "Live" TV viewing dwindles yet "Catch Up" and "On Demand" grow as you can speed through adverts/boring bits etc...

With the beauty of YouTube being you can latch on to other sports via the algorithms they use...

Many an evening has been spent watching MX, Moto GP, Sidecar racing, Midget Car racing, Grasstrack, Longtrack etc. All because you start watching some Speedway on there...

When you are linked in to Valentino Rossi, Marc Marquez etc then you are getting potential access to millions, many of whom will be UK based...

Honestly. A HUGE opportunity for UK Clubs, given the lack of awareness of their product locally.

Often in massive conurbations...

100's of thousands of people locally and you only need a small fraction of them to turn up and watch you to be successful, given your low starting base...

Edited by mikebv

On 2/12/2022 at 12:06 PM, daz9100 said:

A great little video from the PirateCast boys from a couple of weeks ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkXtu5mAxo8&t=60s

Thanks for putting this up Daz9100, I meant to do it myself but got distracted with other stuff.

The boys haven't sorted a date yet for the 2nd episode as there isn't much fresh news/rumour yet.

I do know they have middlo lined up for a future interview and Danny has approved access to all the riders. I note they now have 100+ YouTube subscribers!!:t:

Another big sponsor renews with Poole Speedway - Morrish Homes - its always good to have a prominent local Property Developer on board!!!:t:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

i see the two teams have named for bjarne farewell meeting poole v peterborough looks good