British Speedway Forum

13 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Not really. But the correct there/their/they're is primary school grammar. Everyone knows which one to use it is whether people can be bothered to use the correct one.

Not everyone, shows what sort of person you are really. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Not everyone, shows what sort of person you are really. 

Yes, of course grammar gives you an insight to a someones personality.:unsure::blink:

Edited by lisa-colette

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes, of course grammar gives you an insight to a someones personality.:unsure::blink:

Maybe shows you had an  education! 

• Like 1

The only there their they're I learnt from teachers at school was when I fell over in the playground

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

The only there their they're I learnt from teachers at school was when I fell over in the playground

:D

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Maybe shows you had an  education! 

I had a good education and got good grades and now hold a good job but i struggle with words always have and always will. letters jumble as i write them my brain mixed up words, belittling people because of it doesn't make you educated its makes you an a**hole. No more or less 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

I had a good education and got good grades and now hold a good job but i struggle with words always have and always will. letters jumble as i write them my brain mixed up words, belittling people because of it doesn't make you educated its makes you an a**hole. No more or less 

Insults on both sides get people nowhere. Not taking sides but maybe if you were not quite confrontational this would help to calm things down. Nobody should have the mick taken if they have a problem.

May I suggest let the riders do their work on the track and not people on their keyboards.

• Like 2

Belittling a teams achievement on their own thread is just as bad in my view and name calling isn't the way forward either. 

Edited by foreverblue

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Belittling a teams achievement on their own thread is just as bad in my view and name calling isn't the way forward either. 

Just ridiculous belittling a team is in no way the same as doing it to an individual! Its not even close and an embarrassing attempt to justify it   

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Saying anyone who gets it wrong doesnt have a basic education gives a really good insight actually, especially when you correct with laughing faces clearly to show how much better you think you are.. as i say gives a great insight into who you are 

18 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Just ridiculous belittling a team is in no way the same as doing it to an individual! Its not even close and an embarrassing attempt to justify it   

And you think name calling helps! 

2 hours ago, Sherborne Green said:

Insults on both sides get people nowhere. Not taking sides but maybe if you were not quite confrontational this would help to calm things down. Nobody should have the mick taken if they have a problem.

May I suggest let the riders do their work on the track and not people on their keyboards.

Not even close to being the same!! 

9 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

And you think name calling helps! 

I responded to you attempting to belittle someone for having difficulties.. since then you have twice tried to justify yourself which is embarrassing. Added to the laughing reaction when i admitted to struggling with words etc it just shows..  your right though i should have added arrogant to the claim,

Edited by phillipsr

1 minute ago, phillipsr said:

I responded to you attempting to belittle someone for having difficulties.. since then you have twice tried to justify… your right though i should have added arrogant to the claim 

OK if that's your opinion no worries. 

1 minute ago, phillipsr said:

I responded to you attempting to belittle someone for having difficulties.. since then you have twice tried to justify… your right though i should have added arrogant to the claim 

It doesn’t matter how you say it, your spelling and grammar you use. It’s the content and aggressive meaning of your posts that angers. Which is obviously your intent. Sorry but you can’t then play the emotional card if you continue to throw stones. That often contains your desire to lose another Speedway club. 

• Like 4