British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Not had much problem with the tennis from Miami today .bit iffy last night though

I had it freezing for about a min at a time 10 times in one match during Indian Wells. So I was expecting some sort of buffering/freezing in todays stream at Poole. But there really wasn't any! Although I see they are doing it through YT so should run smoothly. :t:

Can’t understand a word Ablitt said. Was the mic not connected to the main feed. Just background noise. Seems the same issue with every rider. Better for Rob to offer his mic to each rider. Poor sound quality. A shame. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Can’t understand a word Ablitt said. Was the mic not connected to the main feed. Just background noise. Seems the same issue with every rider. Better for Rob to offer his mic to each rider. Poor sound quality. A shame. 

I just turned the volume up and it was fine. Was watching on my phone though. 

14 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I just turned the volume up and it was fine. Was watching on my phone though. 

They were having some issues with the stadium sound system while they were testing just before the start. the mic sound was switching from very loud to quite quiet on repeat. The guy on the sound desk was trying manfully to tweak it manually but eventually settled for the 'quieter' option.

One of the best things was the decision that all riders would wear the Ukrainian flag on the left shoulder of their kevlars!!  When mentioned by Nigel it got a huge round of applause from those present.

Finally although many would expect me to say this - the track looked very very smooth - the best I've seen it for a long time.  There was no evidence of any bumps, ruts, holes or waves anywhere on the circuit.  Great job by the track team led by 'Terry the Track'.

Edited by Skidder1

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

They were having some issues with the stadium sound system while they were testing just before the start. the mic sound was switching from very loud to quite quiet on repeat. The guy on the sound desk was trying manfully to tweak it manually but eventually settled for the 'quieter' option.

One of the best things was the decision that all riders would wear the Ukrainian flag on the left shoulder of their kevlars!!  When mentioned by Nigel it got a huge round of applause from those present.

I'm also quite good at blocking out any background noise I don't want to listen to (I grew up with 2 brothers, so it is kind of necessary!!). So heard the interviews fine.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Finally although many would expect me to say this - the track looked very very smooth - the best I've seen it for a long time.  There was no evidence of any bumps, ruts, holes or waves anywhere on the circuit.  Great job by the track team led by 'Terry the Track'.

certainly something i was impressed with, best i've seen there for years

• Like 1

Kyle Newman in for Ellis and Alfie Bowtell in for Kilderman on Wednesday 

• Like 1

On the subject of the Stream…

Can I pay a huge tribute to Andy Hague and his brother Paul of Speedway Portal.

I can’t begin to tell you of the hours and hours of dedication and commitment from these guys. They have put so much planning, preparation and thought into the project setting the highest goals for quality. They have overcome countless technical obstacles and spent,literally, days on the infrastructure and studio set up. The result is a product that is highly professional and should shine amongst it’s rivals.

WELL DONE GUYS. you have an equally committed team alongside you, going forward, and you should ALL be proud heading into Pirates TV’s inaugural season. Wishing you every success, much deserved!

• Like 9

15 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Kyle Newman in for Ellis and Alfie Bowtell in for Kilderman on Wednesday 

not so interesing now,surely could have found better replacements than that??

4 minutes ago, poole keith said:

not so interesing now,surely could have found better replacements than that??

Whatever replacements they have, they had to be equal. Kyle has been in the Poole team for a few years in the past and Bjarne was with Bowtell at Plymouth last year. I don't see a problem with it. Don't forget he has got the British youngsters there as well. Tbh you are really going to say goodbye to Bjarne more than anything. Considering how much he has given to Poole in the past, he deserves a big crowd.

• Like 1

Great to see Lawson is sufficiently recovered to step into the Ben Fund Bonanza today - as well as Steve Worrall and Danny King (Should I mention Basso as well?!);)

14 hours ago, MMX Events said:

On the subject of the Stream…

Can I pay a huge tribute to Andy Hague and his brother Paul of Speedway Portal.

I can’t begin to tell you of the hours and hours of dedication and commitment from these guys. They have put so much planning, preparation and thought into the project setting the highest goals for quality. They have overcome countless technical obstacles and spent,literally, days on the infrastructure and studio set up. The result is a product that is highly professional and should shine amongst it’s rivals.

WELL DONE GUYS. you have an equally committed team alongside you, going forward, and you should ALL be proud heading into Pirates TV’s inaugural season. Wishing you every success, much deserved!

Andy and his brother have done so much good work at Somerset, Newcastle, IOW, Eastbourne, Plymouth and Poole over recent years. Credit to the Sport and to Clubs and Promotions who have used them. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Great to see Lawson is sufficiently recovered to step into the Ben Fund Bonanza today - as well as Steve Worrall and Danny King (Should I mention Basso as well?!);)

Lawson did alright, didn't he!! :t:

On 3/23/2022 at 2:27 PM, Arthur54 said:

Now that Adam Ellis has signed for Birmingham, will he still ride for Poole in Bjarnes meeting, being that Birmingham are riding the same night 

This did make me laugh.

18 hours ago, Trackrat said:

This did make me laugh.

What's so funny about it 

• Haha 1