Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

9 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Article in the Bournemouth Echo says Poole Town football not moving back to the stadium 

As far I was aware it was never on the cards.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sugarray said:

Would have made a lot of sense though, that way stadium is used all year round, can't see how it can servive with just speedway 

7 hours ago, sugarray said:

Quite a few Poole Town FC fans were saying they wanted to go back to their 'spiritual home' on their unofficial fans forum!!

I'm really interested in learning where exactly in Poole there is a large enough site to develop a 'football, leisure, educational and recreational' complex, if as stated its not at Poole Stadium???

Edited by Skidder1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Quite a few Poole Town FC fans were saying they wanted to go back to their 'spiritual home' on their unofficial fans forum!!

I'm really interested in learning where exactly in Poole there is a large enough site to develop a 'football, leisure, educational and recreational' complex???

poole stadium center of town :t:

5 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Would have made a lot of sense though, that way stadium is used all year round, can't see how it can servive with just speedway 

the stadium was a graveyard for football  as it stands i was a regular supporter in years gone unless speedway goes cant see football ever returning 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ray c said:

the stadium was a graveyard for football  as it stands i was a regular supporter in years gone unless speedway goes cant see football ever returning 

With know greyhounds there now, the speedway track could be moved outwards quite a bit, there would be know need to have to put the corners down on pallets like they use to years ago 

poole town would require a long and secure lease and theyre not going to get that from current stadium leaseholders,why would osborne want to get involved with a southern league club ?hes already got one nonleague millstone round his neck!be great if something really good could could emerge at the stadium ive certainly no idea what or how,needs the council to get really involved,saying that its probably more frightening having the council involved than clark osborne involved ha ha

54 minutes ago, poole keith said:

poole town would require a long and secure lease and theyre not going to get that from current stadium leaseholders,why would osborne want to get involved with a southern league club ?hes already got one nonleague millstone round his neck!be great if something really good could could emerge at the stadium ive certainly no idea what or how,needs the council to get really involved,saying that its probably more frightening having the council involved than clark osborne involved ha ha

Hmm, yeah. Just fingers crossed speedway can stay there for the foreseeable future!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poole keith said:

I would not trust BCP council one little bit

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Hmm, yeah. Just fingers crossed speedway can stay there for the foreseeable future!

....even if the foreseeable future might only be another 2-3 seasons........?!:shock::blink:

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

....even if the foreseeable future might only be another 2-3 seasons........?!:shock::blink:

I would hope it's longer than that!

Talk last year of a young Aussie rider Tate Zischke coming over in 2022/23 with Poole his likely destination. Progression has been very good with scores in Denmark this season. Wonder if we will see him in any open meetings before the year is out ready for 2023? 

Edited by Pirates Of Poole

11 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Talk last year of a young Aussie rider Tate Zischke coming over in 2022/23 with Poole his likely destination. Progression has been very good with scores in Denmark this season. Wonder if we will see him in any open meetings before the year is out ready for 2023? 

A lot Probably depends on if he has any British Patriality as I bet getting a Visa/work permit takes months nowadays. I read yesterday that someone who is a British citizen waited 19 weeks for a passport.

14 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

A lot Probably depends on if he has any British Patriality as I bet getting a Visa/work permit takes months nowadays. I read yesterday that someone who is a British citizen waited 19 weeks for a passport.

Luke Killeen!

6 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Luke Killeen!

I know he waited a long time but the one who waited 19 weeks was a woman who just wanted to go on holiday