British Speedway Forum

9 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Basso will be at Poole in 2022 and fixture clashes around Denmark will be avoided as much as possible.

pretty sure dane’s ride every wednesday apart from a mid season  break around June and there season is finished around mid August so could be a few missed meetings 

20 minutes ago, mac101 said:

pretty sure dane’s ride every wednesday apart from a mid season  break around June and there season is finished around mid August so could be a few missed meetings 

That's OK just don't have any home matches in July and August. Plenty of dates in September and October :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, mac101 said:

Look at all the danes we have had in the past, Hans, Bjarne and Klindt to name a few and it was fine. I think you'll find Denmark are pretty cooperative to help find a solution for both parties imo. 

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Look at all the danes we have had in the past, Hans, Bjarne and Klindt to name a few and it was fine. I think you'll find Denmark are pretty cooperative to help find a solution for both parties imo. 

dane’s will always put there home club first   having worked with one this year there pretty strict about it even having to fly back for a friendly match’s unless he gives up his danish team he will be home every wednesday 

5 minutes ago, mac101 said:

dane’s will always put there home club first   having worked with one this year there pretty strict about it even having to fly back for a friendly match’s unless he gives up his danish team he will be home every wednesday 

Well yes, there will have to be some sort of agreement in place and I believe POP did say he would miss some meetings but maybe they have been able to limit it down a bit. Poole obviously think it is worth it. A family member said to me the other day 'he won't be at Poole for long as he is too good!!' ;)

Edit - be interesting to see if he gets a Prem place for 2022

Edited by lisa-colette

28 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well yes, there will have to be some sort of agreement in place and I believe POP did say he would miss some meetings but maybe they have been able to limit it down a bit. Poole obviously think it is worth it. A family member said to me the other day 'he won't be at Poole for long as he is too good!!' ;)

Edit - be interesting to see if he gets a Prem place for 2022

Don't think should be allowed to sign a rider who you know is going to miss home meetings IMO. Makes a mockery of the league. Quick enough to criticise grobauer, absolutely no difference if that's allowed. Should go back to NL guest as only facility in such occasions

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Don't think should be allowed to sign a rider who you know is going to miss home meetings IMO. Makes a mockery of the league. Quick enough to criticise grobauer, absolutely no difference if that's allowed. Should go back to NL guest as only facility in such occasions

Tbh I assumed that is what it was anyway. Shame we can't have a mini squad system. 

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbh I assumed that is what it was anyway. Shame we can't have a mini squad system. 

I'm sure can get guest for racing in home league and it's the 75% rule for other circumstances. 

Poole can always choose to race on a different day of the week when there are clashes with Basso's Danish fixtures. The chance to watch Basso would surely negate any reduction in attendance due to racing on an off-night?!

• Like 1

If Basso is in the 2022 team, and clearly all Pirates fans want it to be so, then missing a handful of meetings is a small price to pay for what could be a heat leader on a reserve average.

• Like 1

he has signed for Vojens and part of the squad c class riders so might not get used all the time