Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

34 minutes ago, ray c said:

All depends how the leagues work.

I cant see how danyon will be still a rs with his,average 

It’s obvious they never thought about averages when discussing Rising Stars.

Flint and Hume are not even 4* ,so do they move up this season.Wait with baited breath to see what they dream up:rolleyes:

Edited by Fromafar

1 hour ago, daz9100 said:

Something like this could maybe work

S Worrall
D King
A Ellis 
S Nielsen
Z Cook
B Cook
D Hume

Be too high surely. How about putting Stefan into Rory's space and keeping everyone else, well prob have to jingle rider order a bit. But if you want to keep Danny and Stevie, will have to get a weaker 3rd HL. 

Edit - still might be too high! lol

Edited by lisa-colette

Not sure replacing Zack Cook with Rory and keep the rest would work. The trouble is we have to be weaker, yet there isn’t one of the riders I would happy to see the back of. All of them deserve a place in the team.

Danhon? Yes absolutely.

Stefan? Yes!

Ben B? Of course!

I think Steve and Danny are nailed on. I would be surprised if the Cook brothers are overlooked.

1. Steve Worrall

2. Ben Cook.

3. Danny King

4. Zack Cook

5. Ben Basso (subject to availability)

6. Danyon Hume

7. Stefan Neilsen

As much as we would love to have Basso back, I think Wednesday night racing is going to be an issue for him, will be too many clashes with Denmark. 

Reckon the Cook brothers are a definite though.

Also a few people talking about having 2 rising stars next year in the Championship. If Hume has now been 'upgraded' then would have to 'let go' of two from this year from just that. 

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Also a few people talking about having 2 rising stars next year in the Championship. If Hume has now been 'upgraded' then would have to 'let go' of two from this year from just that. 

Reckon rising star system has now burnt out. 

• Like 1

Don't forget there is  talk cutting averages down even further if that's the case this league will be a poor place for us to be. who knows ?

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Can't see how they can have rising stars next season.

Another hair brained scheme not thought out fully.

1 hour ago, sugarray said:

quite agree rising star this year average to high next season .end up struggling for a team place next season because your average is to high 

1 hour ago, sugarray said:

Easy.

The difficult bit is making it a system that works, is fair and helps develop young riders.

So stand by for a botch job full of contradictions and compromises

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Love to see - 

Worrall, King, Basso, Ben Cook, Zach Cook, Adam Ellis + 1 More (British Junior?)

Well 3 (possibly 4) ain't bad!!

30 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Who do you think will definitely be back then & any new in comings?

It depends what they finally decide at the AGM re. Rising Stars and points limits?! I know what has been discussed but there is still the issue of how many teams will be running - and in which league?!

I think there could be a new young Aussie (although 2022 may be too soon?) to go with the Cook Brothers.

Following the article in Speedway Star I can't see Basso being allowed back as Denmark are planning a full Danish league fixture list in 2022 rather than the shortened version this season. Despite how much Basso has been a revelation and has clearly enjoyed himself over here, he won't want or be allowed to p!$$ off his Danish Federation. 

Poole's finishing team average totals around 41.60 (thats excluding Danyon Hume) so even with the 2.5% discount for British riders to be taken into account there will need to be some changes!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Well 3 (possibly 4) ain't bad!!

How about young 19 year old Dan Gilkes who won't have Kent in 2022 and to my knowledge not signed elsewhere and was a 1 star Rising Star. Finished with a NL GSA of 10.24 up from a starting 8. Best GSA in the NL.

If he was given the same rising star av that would we hope leave plenty of points further up. Also not 20 until next May plus only ridden 2 seasons as lost 2020 like the rest due to Covid lockdowns. Could be a potential Brennan/Flint/Palin maybe ?? riding on a 1 star (point av ??). Factor in he is a Dorset born lad.

Would help if we knew the new points limit and situ on rising stars and if one or two will be required under any new rules.