British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Scrapheap? Do me a favour! I was at the meeting when Matt Ford said he really wanted to keep Basso for 2022 but knew it would be difficult. One of the reasons we moved down was to get Weds nights back again, so hardly going to change it again for one rider and even if we were prepared to, what night would be allowed to race on? 

I'm guessing Hume prob was in the team before someone else decided to leave Plymouth. Might have had to choose between Hume and Ben Cook? 

Given Hume and basso on basically same average then why not if were so desperate to keep basso give Hume that place? 

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Given Hume and basso on basically same average then why not if were so desperate to keep basso give Hume that place? 

Ben is 5.31 and maybe they prefer to squeeze him in to the team? We could be on team L now considering how long it is taking and I am sure Hume would have featured in one of the teams at some point.  But you are definitely underestimating how much Poole wanted to keep Basso. 

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Matter of opinion I guess. You may think it is competitive and I may disagree. People think different things. I have noticed on SM when other clubs have announced signings and ST go on sale if it is a strong team, you will have good ST sales. Unless you go every week and not mind saving much on them (unless Poole are doing a reasonable discount compared to just paying each week) then some people will wait imo.

Season tickets aren't the target for most clubs. In fact the more they sell, the less money they make! Season tickets knock money off per meeting remember so selling a full stadium worth is no good.

They're simply a tactic to gain some money to survive the winter and pay signing on fees etc. I'd imagine enough Poole faithful will buy them regardless of team to top up the pot

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jaizer said:

By signing 2 riders you've chosen to stick on the scrapheap? Utter BS

Textbook Shovlar bait mate, don't nibble! 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Why av we got the Glasgow inane drivel in ere! :party:

I'll get the union in on this I will! :rofl:

Irony not your strong point then.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Why av we got the Glasgow inane drivel in ere! :party:

I'll get the union in on this I will! :rofl:

The same question, why do you pollute Glasgow, and other teams', threads? No doubt you'll come back with another stupid answer.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Scrapheap? Do me a favour! I was at the meeting when Matt Ford said he really wanted to keep Basso for 2022 but knew it would be difficult. One of the reasons we moved down was to get Weds nights back again, so hardly going to change it again for one rider and even if we were prepared to, what night would be allowed to race on? 

I'm guessing Hume prob was in the team before someone else decided to leave Plymouth. Might have had to choose between Hume and Ben Cook? 

Nielsen was one of the riders who was pencilled in the 1-7 before the Plymouth drama so I would imagine Hume was the other who also had to be released like you said.

• Thanks 1

Poole would be making a big mistake to go top heavy next season.

Ben Cook at 4 is too risky. Fine at No.2 but his average is mostly built on a spell at reserve. Riding at 4 last season his home Av was 4.00 and Away it was 3.50 (No B Points)

Zach Cook in the 1-5 is a no no imo because he wasn't good at all on the road last season 3.38 Away GSA inc bonus. Have to build the 1-7 to get Zach riding at No.6

Any team building plans should start with the following formula imo to give the team balance and to ensure certain riders ride at a certain number that suits them best.

One of S. Worrall or Lawson to join DK (All three is a mistake as it leaves riders riding out of position and asks them to punch above their weight at this moment in time)

1. Steve Worrall

2. Ben Cook

5. Danny King

6. Zach Cook

7. Drew Kemp

or

1. Danny King

2. Ben Cook

5. Richard Lawson

6. Zach Cook

7. Drew Kemp

Edited by BassoontheGasso
  • Haha 1

The team can be worked out bar one rider imo. Pretty sure Poole will always have a strong rider in every heat bar 2 and 8, and even them if the rumours are true Kemp will be at reserve, a rider better than many other teams reserves and if he continues to improve would take rides of the riders at 2 and 4 if they are struggling.  He might take an extra ride off the other reserve, depending on who it is.  All conjecture though as no one has yet been announced.

Two things are guarenteed. Poole will put out a very good 1-7. They will be out to defend the title and will be the team to beat as always. Secondly, any rider in the Poole team knows that if they don’t bring their A game, they will soon discover their place in the team is at huge risk.  A Poole rider cannot coast through the season.  

I am looking forward to seeing the lineup announced. As always it is trickled out. But with issues with rent ongoing, I am guessing we will have to wait a little longer than usual.

1 hour ago, PirateShip said:

https://youtu.be/SJUhlRoBL8M

Always look on the bright side of life

At no time am I offensive, silly yes, childish yes, banter yes.

That tune sums up wot u need to do.

Call me stoopid I don't care, life's too short.

Good self appraisal it seems to me :rolleyes:.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PirateShip said:

https://youtu.be/SJUhlRoBL8M

Always look on the bright side of life

At no time am I offensive, silly yes, childish yes, banter yes.

That tune sums up wot u need to do.

Call me stoopid I don't care, life's too short.

Your stoopid.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

If rent is still an issue how are they taking applications for season tickets??! 

They aren’t taking applications yet. 

If Poole build a team like this, they can expect to get say 36 points from the heat leaders, that means the remaining 4 only have to score 2/3 points each to win! Nothing wrong with building top-heavy!

Poole 2022?  
Steve Worrall 9.05
Danny King 8.99
Richard Lawson 8.51
Ben Cook 5.31
Zach Cook 4.40
Drew Kemp 3.72
Ablitt / Mulford 2.00
Total 41.98
Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1