British Speedway Forum

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

It depends what they finally decide at the AGM re. Rising Stars and points limits?! I know what has been discussed but there is still the issue of how many teams will be running - and in which league?!

I think there could be a new young Aussie (although 2022 may be too soon?) to go with the Cook Brothers.

Following the article in Speedway Star I can't see Basso being allowed back as Denmark are planning a full Danish league fixture list in 2022 rather than the shortened version this season. Despite how much Basso has been a revelation and has clearly enjoyed himself over here, he won't want or be allowed to p!$$ off his Danish Federation. 

he could also be a target for this new POL U23 league.

I am sure his exploits in UK would not have gone unnoticed by the POL scouts looking for new talent in this new league, similar to what we face with the young Brits.

Wonder when Wilbur Hancock will be coming over to at least get sum 2nd half rides in. Hope Greg recommends his lad to ride for us in the future.

Also, I'd like to see Ellis Perks come back to ride if not for the Pirates then for someone else because he's a tremendous talent. 

And wotever happened to Josh Auty after Scunny sacked him?

Edited by PirateShip

10 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Wonder when Wilbur Hancock will be coming over to at least get sum 2nd half rides in. Hope Greg recommends his lad to ride for us in the future.

Also, I'd like to see Ellis Perks come back to ride if not for the Pirates then for someone else because he's a tremendous talent. 

Believe he had some personal issues 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Listening to Greg when interviewed on Speed Freaks, Wilbur has told Greg 'I'm not you, Dad' or words similar. Sounds like it's more for fun from what was said imo.

Gino Manzares (or however it is spelt!) has had offers for UK, so should be back in 2022. 

27 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Listening to Greg when interviewed on Speed Freaks, Wilbur has told Greg 'I'm not you, Dad' or words similar. Sounds like it's more for fun from what was said imo.

Gino Manzares (or however it is spelt!) has had offers for UK, so should be back in 2022. 

What will Gino’s average be?

2 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

What will Gino’s average be?

Imagine 4.00 or 5.00 assessed again 

Wonder if Basso will be a target for Glasgow, a Friday track.

25 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Wonder if Basso will be a target for Glasgow, a Friday track.

You’ve heard the same rumour as me, then. Danish double at Glasgow. Maybe even a Danish triple. 
Poole won’t be able to use him because of the Wednesday Danish League, but that won’t stop non-Wednesday tracks from wanting him. 

Do Denmark not ride Friday's as well any more? It used it be mainly Weds with a few Friday's thrown in. But maybe it clashed with Poland a bit and is now just Weds?! 

From a selfish POV I hope if he's not at Poole, he'll just do Prem as really do not want to see him riding against us! Especially after doing the heart sign at the crowd on Thursday! 

Did basso do 4home and 4away for Poole to have him as an asset  if not he could become an asset elsewhere. 

Just checked i think he is a Poole asset so would be surprised if he signed for someone else tbh.

Edited by lewy

51 minutes ago, lewy said:

Did basso do 4home and 4away for Poole to have him as an asset  if not he could become an asset elsewhere. 

Just checked i think he is a Poole asset so would be surprised if he signed for someone else tbh.

pretty sure play offs meetings don’t count  it was the same when Glasgow brought over David Belligo at the end of the season then when berwick’s signed him following year Glasgow thought he was their asset but because the play off didn’t count he became a berwick asset 

Edited by mac101

I would guess you will look like this

Stevie

Cook

Ellis

Cook

King

Nielsen 

Hulme

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Stevie

Cook

Ellis

Cook

King

Nielsen 

Hulme

I'd take that! But realistically is that gonna fit? Normally league winners get broken up quite a bit! 

14 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Stevie

Cook

Ellis

Cook

King

Nielsen 

Hulme

Adam Ellis won't ride for a Wednesday track will he?

Danish League

3 hours ago, PirateShip said:

There are better prospects than Wilbur Hancock in the States, don't be blinded by the name.

• Like 1