British Speedway Forum

Just now, lisa-colette said:

That's also in the Speedway Star? 

Yep.

• Thanks 1

yes gasso that would have been a stronger team than the team being forecast now,see why fords were bit rattled! might be just me but i cannot remember ben basso ever saying  last season that he could return in 2022 or indeed wanted to,again maybe just me but i always assumed he wouldnt be back(regretably)and the ford statement was a bit of a shock!im happy with any racenight but i thought changing race nights albeit occasionally was contrary to the stance taken in recent seasons.however still sure well be competitive

• Like 1

At the press conference after the playoff final apparently they all said they wanted to come back apart from Rory (obviously!!), this is according to a few other Poole fans, maybe a fan who attended it can confirm what Basso said. 

Basso is good and a really promising rider. Offering to, even periodically change race nights to suit a reserve/potential second string seems insane though. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

At the press conference after the playoff final apparently they all said they wanted to come back apart from Rory (obviously!!), this is according to a few other Poole fans, maybe a fan who attended it can confirm what Basso said. 

Lol……I think I’ve heard most riders say in their after season speeches that they’d like to return the following year….

• Like 5

4 hours ago, BassoontheGasso said:

Yep Poole wanted Basso and the 1-7 was going to be the following.

King, Lawson, B. Cook, Basso, Z. Cook & Kemp + a third HL

Basso deal didn't happen which lead to the top heavy 1-7 with a long tail containing Steve, King & Lawson.

A bit off the mark

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I remember Josh Auty saying on the centre Green at the old dog bowl a fair few years ago, when he was "on then way  up" as a potential star of the future that he would "love to ride for the Aces next season"....

Must have meant as a guest.....:D

2 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

Lol……I think I’ve heard most riders say in their after season speeches that they’d like to return the following year….

That's not my point though. You have completely missed it. If I was Orion I would be going whhhhoooosssshhh right now. But I'm not, so I won't. The point was someone thinking Basso hasn't said it and I'm pointing out that it has been said he did. Whether he was lying or telling the truth at the time is a different matter. 

55 minutes ago, mikebv said:

I remember Josh Auty saying on the centre Green at the old dog bowl a fair few years ago, when he was "on then way  up" as a potential star of the future that he would "love to ride for the Aces next season"....

Must have meant as a guest.....:D

Not like you to miss the point ;)

• Haha 1

Anyone think there will be an announcement before Xmas 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Even if Basso had said he wanted to return to Poole, unless a contract has been signed, riders (and clubs) can change their minds.

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Even if Basso had said he wanted to return to Poole, unless a contract has been signed, riders (and clubs) can change their minds.

Yes, but that is a completely different point. The point I was making is whether he said it in the first place! He obviously changed his mind lol.

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

Anyone think there will be an announcement before Xmas 

Do well to get one before March! lol ;)

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes, but that is a completely different point. The point I was making is whether he said it in the first place! He obviously changed his mind lol.

Or he was just telling the fans what they wanted to hear at the time. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Or he was just telling the fans what they wanted to hear at the time. 

Which is kinda annoying, having to work out if they mean it or not! Always respected Scott Nicholls for saying 'we'll see... ' when he got asked at Poole (long long time ago that was!)