British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

It’s not rider related but from what I understood it will be sorted very soon. 

...or maybe not til after Christmas!!!!?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

...or maybe not til after Christmas!!!!?

if it's not stadium rent related then it must be rider related. Can't see what else could be the issue.

The 3 H/L we already know about (near enough) are all Brits so no visa issues on that front. That only concerns the 2 Cook's. Kemp and the 2 pointer are also Brits.

If it isn't the rent issue ongoing legal battle that's the issue then I can't understand why they cannot name a single rider. Even IF they had to do a slight reshuffle then in the very least the 3 H/L should be sorted.

Unless its a rider asset issue or loan fee dispute. Thinking aloud such as Zach Cook loan fee or asset transfer or Lawson loan fee etc. Even so I still can't work out why not a single rider has been named. Even if there is a doubt or situation on 1/2 riders then that shouldn't mean none can be named so far.

I don't think they will name anyone til 7 riders are signed. Unless they have a rider that would be in the team no matter what happens, like Danny King for example. But definitely not half imo. 

Edinburgh haven't announced anyone either, so not just us! 

On 12/21/2021 at 11:19 AM, STEVEHOLS54 said:

if it's not stadium rent related then it must be rider related. Can't see what else could be the issue.

The 3 H/L we already know about (near enough) are all Brits so no visa issues on that front. That only concerns the 2 Cook's. Kemp and the 2 pointer are also Brits.

If it isn't the rent issue ongoing legal battle that's the issue then I can't understand why they cannot name a single rider. Even IF they had to do a slight reshuffle then in the very least the 3 H/L should be sorted.

Unless its a rider asset issue or loan fee dispute. Thinking aloud such as Zach Cook loan fee or asset transfer or Lawson loan fee etc. Even so I still can't work out why not a single rider has been named. Even if there is a doubt or situation on 1/2 riders then that shouldn't mean none can be named so far.

Matt never announces until all 7 are signed and sealed - its been the same for a number of seasons - and then its 'drip-fed' to give the media maximum opportunity for coverage over the 'off-season'!

As far as the rent situation is concerned, there is still an issue and its more down to various people's availability for a 'sit-down' rather than being a 'major' stumbling block!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 3

poole always plays this game with skidder as there  spokesman year in and year out :t:

• Like 1

On 12/19/2021 at 10:32 PM, Gazc said:

Apparently Poole is at the arse end off nowhere but it has a train station.

Apparently.

It also has trophy cabinets :-) - no use for them in Glasgow , maybe you will re-instate the Scottish Cup if Edinburgh will give it back :-)

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, ray c said:

poole always plays this game with skidder as there  spokesman year in and year out :t:

Better than nothing Ray, at least we get a sense of where things are heading. 

Matt Ford quoted on BBC RADIO SOLENT Sports round up this morning that no rider announcements will be made until 'dispute with stadium owners' is sorted.

Just read the report in Bournemouth echo, about the Ford's disappointment in Basso move to Glasgow, I do think they have a cheek in mentioning rider loyalty considering they showed none to Zane Keleher, Poole only show loyalty to who they consider benefits Poole, anyone else is shown the door very quickly. Poole are a very successful club but are ruthless in the process. They have been the team with the finances for so long that they expect everything to go their way but they now have competition in that Glasgow can match them, not yet in success but in finances, although Glasgow are not ruthless in dropping underperforming riders or we would have dropped more than 1 last season. I look forward to 2022 season and hopefully another visit to Poole and a good match with some banter with the fans. Merry Christmas everyone. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Matt Ford quoted on BBC RADIO SOLENT Sports round up this morning that no rider announcements will be made until 'dispute with stadium owners' is sorted.

Hoping that it nearly is sorted, depends if it had to be taken the legal route I suppose which can make things take longer. I remember the days when things didn't get announced til February, guess we might have to have that for this year. :unsure:

27 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

Just read the report in Bournemouth echo, about the Ford's disappointment in Basso move to Glasgow, I do think they have a cheek in mentioning rider loyalty considering they showed none to Zane Keleher, Poole only show loyalty to who they consider benefits Poole, anyone else is shown the door very quickly. Poole are a very successful club but are ruthless in the process. They have been the team with the finances for so long that they expect everything to go their way but they now have competition in that Glasgow can match them, not yet in success but in finances, although Glasgow are not ruthless in dropping underperforming riders or we would have dropped more than 1 last season. I look forward to 2022 season and hopefully another visit to Poole and a good match with some banter with the fans. Merry Christmas everyone. 

We not used to it I suppose and from what it says in the report and me completely reading between the lines it doesn't sound like Basso gave them a heads up or a hint that he was going to leave, I guess they were just completely shocked! But fair comment with everything you have said. :t:

• Thanks 1

i wonder what happens to the six riders we have supposed to have signed if no agreement cant be reached ? :t::)

29 minutes ago, ray c said:

i wonder what happens to the six riders we have supposed to have signed if no agreement cant be reached ? :t::)

I assume it's a case of how much rent we pay rather than if we pay any at all. But Skidder and POP will have an idea I guess. As I can't see those riders just waiting about for nothing, I assume they have been given some assurances imo. 

• Like 1