British Speedway Forum

25 minutes ago, ray c said:

i wonder what happens to the six riders we have supposed to have signed if no agreement cant be reached ? :t::)

At least they have finally come clean that this issue is NOT sorted which is what I have thought for ages despite some saying it wasn't.

As for the riders if it didn't work out ??. I am sure Birmingham would love any or all 3 of our intended H/L. No doubt between them, Edinburgh & Oxford, they could swallow up most of our riders.

Certainly hope that doesn't happen and its hopefully  more a case of getting all the decision makers around the table to sort it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

At least they have finally come clean that this issue is NOT sorted which is what I have thought for ages despite some saying it wasn't.

As for the riders if it didn't work out ??. I am sure Birmingham would love any or all 3 of our intended H/L. No doubt between them, Edinburgh & Oxford, they could swallow up most of our riders.

Certainly hope that doesn't happen and its hopefully  more a case of getting all the decision makers around the table to sort it. 

Also interesting that the Daily Echo never mentioned it but maybe they have been told not to. 

1 hour ago, Cookiefan said:

Just read the report in Bournemouth echo, about the Ford's disappointment in Basso move to Glasgow, I do think they have a cheek in mentioning rider loyalty considering they showed none to Zane Keleher, Poole only show loyalty to who they consider benefits Poole, anyone else is shown the door very quickly. Poole are a very successful club but are ruthless in the process. They have been the team with the finances for so long that they expect everything to go their way but they now have competition in that Glasgow can match them, not yet in success but in finances, although Glasgow are not ruthless in dropping underperforming riders or we would have dropped more than 1 last season. I look forward to 2022 season and hopefully another visit to Poole and a good match with some banter with the fans. Merry Christmas everyone. 

You have to be ruthless in sport sometimes, hence why poole are so successful, it's not just about making up the numbers 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Also interesting that the Daily Echo never mentioned it but maybe they have been told not to. 

Think that may have been the case. Plus they were heavily promoting the Track Shop Xmas opening without any mention of riders which perhaps was an indicator that all was not sorted.

Anyway at least we now know the reason which means guys like me can back off on posting comments, as its not rider related and we can just keep fingers crossed they can come to an agreement shortly.

• Like 1

Disappointing to see Douglas & Nielsen riding elsewhere, particularly the latter who would have been on an attractive GSA. Also I think Douglas may have been a good 3rd HL allowing more points lower down

• Like 1

Matt's comments in the fuller radio interview this morning went on to say that the club will be seeking full council support after the Council leader publicly stated how important Poole Speedway is to the town's infrastructure and Tourism offer.  With the local Echo spacing out the speedway stories I would imagine they will pick up on the 'dispute' in the next couple of days or so.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cookiefan said:

Just read the report in Bournemouth echo, about the Ford's disappointment in Basso move to Glasgow, I do think they have a cheek in mentioning rider loyalty considering they showed none to Zane Keleher, Poole only show loyalty to who they consider benefits Poole, anyone else is shown the door very quickly. Poole are a very successful club but are ruthless in the process. They have been the team with the finances for so long that they expect everything to go their way but they now have competition in that Glasgow can match them, not yet in success but in finances, although Glasgow are not ruthless in dropping underperforming riders or we would have dropped more than 1 last season. I look forward to 2022 season and hopefully another visit to Poole and a good match with some banter with the fans. Merry Christmas everyone. 

Just to be clear, as has been stated before, the parting of the ways with Zane Keleher was very little to do with his on track scores, more a case of off track 'not biting the hand that feeds you'!!

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Matt's comments in the fuller radio interview this morning went on to say that the club will be seeking full council support after the Council leader publicly stated how important Poole Speedway is to the town's infrastructure and Tourism offer.  With the local Echo spacing out the speedway stories I would imagine they will pick up on the 'dispute' in the next couple of days or so.

That doesn't sound good at all.

1 hour ago, Supersub said:

Disappointing to see Douglas & Nielsen riding elsewhere, particularly the latter who would have been on an attractive GSA. Also I think Douglas may have been a good 3rd HL allowing more points lower down

A Poole fan has mentioned on the unofficial FB group that they told Stefan a while back that he wasn't in the plans, looks like some truth in that one.

• Like 1

I don't know how Matt's going to convince the council to help him pay the rent considering he doesn't live in the country and he's got a beautiful chateau on the Television.

Poole are in a bit of bother here and club bosses know it which is why no signings have been made official in case one of the following happens.

A - They don't run at all due to no financial help from the council (Unlikely but possible)

B - Will run but will have to make another team change or two in order to keep the cost down due to the rent increase making a dent in the budget (Most likely)

Edited by BassoontheGasso

1 minute ago, BassoontheGasso said:

I don't how Matt's going to convince the council to help him pay the rent considering he doesn't live in the country and he's got a beautiful chateau on the Television.

Poole are in a bit of bother here and club bosses know it which is why no signings have been made official in case one of the following happens.

A - They don't run at all due to no financial help from the council (Unlikely but possible)

B - Will run but will have to make another team change or two in order to keep the cost down due to the rent increase making a dent in the budget (Most likely)

Stop stirring like you did on Newcastle thread, it really isn't needed. Thanks. You don't know anything that is happening at Poole, so can we leave it to the people that do. :t:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Stef Neilsen did more than enough to warrant a place in Poole’s line up fo 2022

All down to averages 

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Stop stirring like you did on Newcastle thread, it really isn't needed. Thanks. You don't know anything that is happening at Poole, so can we leave it to the people that do. :t:

Not stirring at all.

Poole cant pay the rent and that's a fact because if they could afford to pay it then Matt wouldn't need to get the council involved by asking them for financial help in order to pay the rent. (Not an opinion)

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

We don't know either .well I don't anyway .Matt said they doubled it.so perhaps Poole speedway was not paying enough in  the first place . business is in a bad state in this country .can't see BCP subsiciding to help pay the rent .so who knows what will happen