British Speedway Forum

36 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

If its to be near the town centre where on earth could the site be? They are hardly likely to put it in Poole Park!?

Perhaps it is Poole stadium 

53 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

If its to be near the town centre where on earth could the site be? They are hardly likely to put it in Poole Park!?

That I couldn't find out.  They are bound by confidentiality so can understand.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Perhaps it is Poole stadium 

Thought their stadium was for football only

What has gone on here? I’m nosey :D

On 12/22/2021 at 10:00 AM, lisa-colette said:

I no I give Poole fans some stick but I genuinely have no malice towards them as I have very fond memories of playing football against Poole. Town at Wimborne road about 30 years ago in the beazer homes league it always sticks in my mind because of the shape of the track you had to have artificial corners put in and that the fans could hardly see because they were so far away because of the greyhound track and the speedway track.but still fond memories, I do feel like you have been shafted by the owners of the stadium and over the basso situation but it feels just like we do over the Lawson thing I would like to wish all Poole fans a merry Christmas and your situation gets sorted so we can both renew rivalries next year. Good luck and stay safe all of you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

I no I give Poole fans some stick but I genuinely have no malice towards them as I have very fond memories of playing football against Poole. Town at Wimborne road about 30 years ago in the beazer homes league it always sticks in my mind because of the shape of the track you had to have artificial corners put in and that the fans could hardly see because they were so far away because of the greyhound track and the speedway track.but still fond memories, I do feel like you have been shafted by the owners of the stadium and over the basso situation but it feels just like we do over the Lawson thing I would like to wish all Poole fans a merry Christmas and your situation gets sorted so we can both renew rivalries next year. Good luck and stay safe all of you.

Nice of you to say Mike :t:Had to check which post you quoted of mine, I was a bit worried it was one of my ranting ones, but luckily it wasn't! Phew ;)

13 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Nice of you to say Mike :t:Had to check which post you quoted of mine, I was a bit worried it was one of my ranting ones, but luckily it wasn't! Phew ;)

Never noticed you ranting :D:D

• Haha 3

Video on the Poole FC web site introducing Andy Rossiter to the the club, interestingly he corrects himself when saying he has seen future ground plans for the Dolphins, redevelopment to development, news to be released early 22?  the commercial director of the Dolphins I think am correct is something to do with Poole stadium?  the chairman at the start of the season in one of his chairman notes mentioned a certain Clarke Osbourne who is owner of Torquay Utd and one of the club's backers is the developer that has just completed the flats next to Barclays, Allegedly work being carried out to dog track in the future, digging it up? Coincidences?

6 hours ago, sugarray said:

This site has been on the drawing board for the past 5 years.

The majority shareholder has been dwalingvwith it.

Doubt very much it involves the speedway although that might have changed.

Was also told it was near to the town centre.

Haven't Poole Town received substantial grants to improve their current ground that would have to be repaid if they relocated?

• Like 1

Correct, but if stadium site was to be redeveloped to only include a new football ground but with a sizeable flat development on the car park and BT building area with the BCP blessing could the developer 'assist' with the repayment of grants? Wimbourne's new stadium was built by the developer who purchased their original ground.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, 2ndbendbuncher said:

Video on the Poole FC web site introducing Andy Rossiter to the the club, interestingly he corrects himself when saying he has seen future ground plans for the Dolphins, redevelopment to development, news to be released early 22?  the commercial director of the Dolphins I think am correct is something to do with Poole stadium?  the chairman at the start of the season in one of his chairman notes mentioned a certain Clarke Osbourne who is owner of Torquay Utd and one of the club's backers is the developer that has just completed the flats next to Barclays, Allegedly work being carried out to dog track in the future, digging it up? Coincidences?

The commercial director was manager of the stadium prior to the pandemic I think you will find 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, noaksey said:

Haven't Poole Town received substantial grants to improve their current ground that would have to be repaid if they relocated?

But there is very little left on the lease so not sure how that works if the team are evicted.

Not that I believe they will be.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 2ndbendbuncher said:

Correct, but if stadium site was to be redeveloped to only include a new football ground but with a sizeable flat development on the car park and BT building area with the BCP blessing could the developer 'assist' with the repayment of grants? Wimbourne's new stadium was built by the developer who purchased their original ground.

The interview said the new stadium would be for football and 'community use'.

I would like to make it clear I am not taking sides with either the speedway or football as a follower of both the Pirates (use to watch riders practice in the early 80's instead of being in the school next door!) and the Dolphins. Observing the current situation with the stadium that is now not in use for large periods of the year because its only has the speedway. It occupies a large area in the center of Poole, in a perfect world the football could return to the stadium with the speedway but we now have the BCP running the area with its targets to build more places to live in the locality as highlighted in a recent report stating the stadium site as a possibility for future development, the on going issue of the football trying to find a better home, the current lease holders track record, just look up the road in Wiltshire! and the difficulties reopening earlier this year and the rent situation, it leaves the speedway in a difficult position, as pointed out the new Dolphins ground is for football and 'community use' it would sadly tick many boxes if the speedway was to disappear with the added bonus of those 'noisy motor bikes' disappearing as they are known to some who live in the area. I hope I am proved wrong and we can still watch the Pirates and the return of the Robins in the future.

It would be tragic if the speedway was lost, anyone there for the playoff final with vouch, what a crowd what an atmosphere. Simple solution, get the current lease holders out, move the track out, bring the football back, that way its used all year round 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1