British Speedway Forum

57 minutes ago, corfe pirate said:

Anyone wanting a club to close are obviously lower than a snake's belly !

Wouldn't take any notice of that one. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Poole WILL BE RUNNING NEXT SEASON FOR SURE.

Is it just a case of how much rent is agreed to be paid? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, corfe pirate said:

Anyone wanting a club to close are obviously lower than a snake's belly !

not low enough :t:

• Like 1

I for one wish for Poole to continue anyone who wants a club to close is certainly not a speedway fan and the previous comments are spot on .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Trackerman48 said:

Poole WILL BE RUNNING NEXT SEASON FOR SURE.

Hopefully this time you're right as your last 100% sure assertion was that the failure to name a 1-7 or even a rider was nothing to do with rent negotiations...

Let's hope and all genuinely hope this guess ages a bit better!

I can't see Wimborne Road Stadium staging soccer again anyway without massive redevelopment as no one wishes to watch non league soccer in a glass fronted restauranted eating prawn sandwiches.

I would imagine any redevelopment there would be housing/office space with developers finding another piece of land for Speedway but even that seems far fetched. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Is it just a case of how much rent is agreed to be paid? 

Correct - and maybe for how long?

NB. Any proposals for a new stadium from the football club and/or whoever will take years to reach fruition - assuming its agreed? - whether its on the existing stadium site or elsewhere. The Council today say they are due to announce their revised 'local plan' next month with a dramatic reduction in the number and type of new homes required, so pressure on sites such as Poole Stadium should be less.

cant see any way poole town willbe back at the stadium,true wimborne have new stadium and dorchester had stadium built by tescos but those clubs had a negotiating position poole fc have nothing to put into the project jeez theyre just renting a school playing field for their games.bcp wouldnt put a halfpenny into the club,pretty certain osborne wouldnt want anything to do with another football club ,just cant see anyway forward for the dolphins sadly, will  have to accept their non league level.Wimborne fc off today waterlogged pitch now off to hamworthy for their top of table the clash

59 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Correct - and maybe for how long?

NB. Any proposals for a new stadium from the football club and/or whoever will take years to reach fruition - assuming its agreed? - whether its on the existing stadium site or elsewhere. The Council today say they are due to announce their revised 'local plan' next month with a dramatic reduction in the number and type of new homes required, so pressure on sites such as Poole Stadium should be less.

And there it is rent negotiation ongoing and how long it's going to be for from the Ford's official spin doctor :t: 

5 minutes ago, poole keith said:

cant see any way poole town willbe back at the stadium,true wimborne have new stadium and dorchester had stadium built by tescos but those clubs had a negotiating position poole fc have nothing to put into the project jeez theyre just renting a school playing field for their games.bcp wouldnt put a halfpenny into the club,pretty certain osborne wouldnt want anything to do with another football club ,just cant see anyway forward for the dolphins sadly, will  have to accept their non league level.Wimborne fc off today waterlogged pitch now off to hamworthy for their top of table the clash

cant see anybody investing in a product which would include a football and speedway stadium on one site   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tosh1218 said:

Surely the Town Council will get involved and get an amicable decision sorted 

I'm sure Skidder or Ray will correct me if I haven't remembered this correctly but after the lockdown didn't the council have to be involved in talks then as Poole Stadium was being used as a covid testing centre? And they were trying to sort out what parts of the stadium could be used for speedway? I'd be slightly worried if the council haven't been involved in talks yet.

13 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I'm sure Skidder or Ray will correct me if I haven't remembered this correctly but after the lockdown didn't the council have to be involved in talks then as Poole Stadium was being used as a covid testing centre? And they were trying to sort out what parts of the stadium could be used for speedway? I'd be slightly worried if the council haven't been involved in talks yet.

I'm sure we will have speedway next year .but long term who knows .we must remember it was Poole council who had the agreement there had to be two sporting activities on the site but the council is now a combined council in which Bournemouth hoid all the cards I would not trust the council on this one jmo of course 

• Thanks 1

Its not only me that dose not trust the BCP? I'm not implying Mr Osbourne would be interested in the Dolphins but if the stadium is 'no longer viable' in his eyes with just the speedway using it for part of the year this would handily play into the council hands. A 'community' football stadium that the Dolphins would be able to play in, the council wouldn't have to put a penny in as part of any housing being built on the site the developer would have to assist with the building of the football facility. 

Edited by 2ndbendbuncher