British Speedway Forum

55 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not really, you were agreeing with them imo. 

FWIW getting excited about a club closing isn't banter (that is for the poster you were originally quoting btw). 

What about if its just not caring? Like not wanting it to happen but knowing if it did you would just crack on with your life 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Not really, you were agreeing with them imo. 

FWIW getting excited about a club closing isn't banter (that is for the poster you were originally quoting btw). 

Who's them? Agreeing with who regarding the potential closure of Poole? 

The part of Nickinho's post I was replying to -> I think it's completely over the top to say that they should be kicked off the forum.

My reply -> The forum needs characters to keep the site ticking over in my opinion. :t:

As for your dig at Nickinho the member actually said this in the post I quoted -> Nobody really likes seeing clubs go to the wall whatever they say.

Once again you're making another assumption. You've talked yourself into believing something that isn't true.

Edited by TTT

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

You'll forgive me if I don't take you seriously either, considering you go to Scunthorpe regularly and on the thread you just slag them off constantly. 

Surely nobody takes him seriously! 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, TTT said:

Who's them? Agreeing with who regarding the potential closure of Poole? 

The part of Nickinho's post I was replying to -> I think it's completely over the top to say that they should be kicked off the forum.

My reply -> The forum needs characters to keep the site ticking over in my opinion. :t:

As for your dig at Nickinho the member actually said this in the post I quoted -> Nobody really likes seeing clubs go to the wall whatever they say.

Once again you're making another assumption. You've talked yourself into believing something that isn't true.

Interesting you missed out the banter part of the post out, which was the main bit I was referring to. 

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Wow this all appears to have kicked off a bit in the past 24 hours or so!!!:rolleyes:

Nothing more relevant to report (or spin) from this 'mouthpiece' at the moment (sorry Lewy!), as those of us in regular contact with the club have given all the latest updates already.

I can't wait for the season to start to be honest and look forward in 2022 to keeping up with our 2021 unbeaten home record, so in the meantime its back to my Pirates Double-winning 2021 DVD.:t:

Despite some of my earlier concerns (plus those of others who are not connected to the top table). It is heartening to know from comments made by yourself and another who are in closer contact, that the smoke signals coming out of Ford towers indicates that we will hopefully have a positive outcome to racing in 2022 :).

Of course all of us who support Poole want to see rider announcements. Part of the fun of the long dark, damp Winter days/nights is trying to work out the team for the following season. Unfortunately the ongoing rent discussions have delayed that. Meaning that by process of elimination if nothing else leads many of us to know the top 6. For me the question is, who will be our number 7 ???. Mulford appeals to me most of the 2 plus pointers available (I mean not announced elsewhere yet), but I notice a few have not named their bottom rider. Berwick/Birm/Edinb plus Oxf still to name 3 riders, and Oxford are also a Wed track. 

Just have a sneaky feeling we will get one and maybe Oxford the other out of Mulford/Ablitt. I could be wrong of course. Have not seen any comments from Forum contributors on who they think our No 7 maybe except those on mine on a few posts.

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
no change

6 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Despite some of my earlier concerns (plus those of others who are not connected to the top table). It is heartening to know from comments made by yourself and another who are in closer contact, that the smoke signals coming out of Ford towers indicates that we will hopefully have a positive outcome to racing in 2022 :).

Of course all of us who support Poole want to see rider announcements. Part of the fun of the long dark, damp Winter days/nights is trying to work out the team for the following season. Unfortunately the ongoing rent discussions have delayed that. Meaning that by process of elimination if nothing else leads many of us to know the top 6. For me the question is, who will be our number 7 ???. Mulford appeals to me most of the 2 plus pointers available (I mean not announced elsewhere yet), but I notice a few have not named their bottom rider. Berwick/Birm/Edinb plus Oxf still to name 3 riders, and Oxford are also a Wed track. 

Just have a sneaky feeling we will get one and maybe Oxford the other out of Mulford/Ablitt. I could be wrong of course. Have not seen any comments from Forum contributors on who they think our No 7 maybe except those on mine on a few posts.

A good no7 can be as important as a good no1,potential match winner imo

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Heard a whisper - not from a reliable source - that Ablitt is being considered.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, lewy said:

A good no7 can be as important as a good no1,potential match winner imo

Indeed.

Evidence has proved that with Poole having had Cook#s/Basso and in last Prem years with Woryna/Jakobsen etc.

Not so easy this year with points limits and keeping 3 major H/L plus the 2 improving Aussies (Cook's), means we expect to be putting a lot of faith in Kemp improving and leaves us with a 2 pointer. At least if Kemp really does move forward it leaves us with either Ben or Zach to slot in at reserve where we know BOTH can do a lot of damage.

For me just holding our own in the reserve race will do  as our H/L should hopefully do plenty of damage during the meeting.

13 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Hope it is, as i have mentioned him for a while on the Poole forum.

No idea how good he is as have never seen him race and little to nothing on Youtube. But from his Kent stats from those 2/3 meetings as a 15 year old (all then missed 2020 due to Covid) and the excellent stats as a raw 17 tear old in his first real season 2021 in NDL with a whopping 7.78 GSA PLUS any BP on top is impressive. Also some at K/L must have seen something to sign him as a number 8 ahead of the likes of Ablitt.

Just an opinion of course but the stats don't lie and neither the fact that a Prem club has bestowed such an honour of signing him at 8, is hard to ignore. Especially when we have to try and sign a half decent number 7 on 2 points plus anyway.

Let's just hope that your source (even if not reliable) maybe on the mark with this one ;)

2 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Hope it is, as i have mentioned him for a while on the Poole forum.

No idea how good he is as have never seen him race and little to nothing on Youtube. But from his Kent stats from those 2/3 meetings as a 15 year old (all then missed 2020 due to Covid) and the excellent stats as a raw 17 tear old in his first real season 2021 in NDL with a whopping 7.78 GSA PLUS any BP on top is impressive. Also some at K/L must have seen something to sign him as a number 8 ahead of the likes of Ablitt.

Just an opinion of course but the stats don't lie and neither the fact that a Prem club has bestowed such an honour of signing him at 8, is hard to ignore. Especially when we have to try and sign a half decent number 7 on 2 points plus anyway.

Let's just hope that your source (even if not reliable) maybe on the mark with this one ;)

Ignore this uuuggghhh. I misread it as Mulford.

My comments were in the hope it was Mulford. Sorry Skidder :rolleyes:

18 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well we have the troll Trackrat and the so called speedway fan Lewy from Plymouth who are clearly not speedway supporters. No decent fan would want to see any club fold but it is obvious this is exactly what these two want.  Should have their sorry arses kicked of this forum imo.

Just wondering how the moderators allow these comments with no reprocussions? Name calling & insults because I don't agree with a ginger pea brain.

13 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Just wondering how the moderators allow these comments with no reprocussions? Name calling & insults because I don't agree with a ginger pea brain.

Now who's name calling 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Interesting you missed out the banter part of the post out, which was the main bit I was referring to. 

Interesting that you haven't answered my questions. :D At least we've finally got to the root of the problem here and really it's just you looking for any excuse to let off some steam on the current Poole situation.

The bottom line is you don't like the wording of Nickinho's post. :t:  

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

He is a good lad, and really come on this year with MIldenhall. Worth a punt.

• Like 2