British Speedway Forum

29 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Might be a case of the numbers game with Steve.

18.50 for the pair as it stands.

Depends who else they want I guess. If we are keeping Ben Cook, Basso and Hume then be hard to keep Steve as well. Maybe even impossible! 

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Depends who else they want I guess. If we are keeping Ben Cook, Basso and Hume then be hard to keep Steve as well. Maybe even impossible! 

The Echo article says we are staying in the second tier for 2022. A lot also depends on whether the Rising Star scheme continues with 2 per team and what the points limit is.  Clearly the promoters already have a good idea of what is going be rubber stamped at the agm hence signings being agreed at several clubs already.

Edited by Skidder1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

The Echo article says we are staying in the second tier for 2022. A lot also depends on whether the Rising Star scheme continues with 2 per team and what the points limit is.  Clearly the promoters already have a good idea of what is going be rubber stamped at the agm hence signings being agreed at several clubs already.

Yes, but there have been a few curveballs thrown at AGMs in the past, so you never know!! I must have missed the bit about the league as didn't see it mentioned in the article, so assumed staying in the Champ, others wanted a Poole thread in this section ;) I guess I am just too nice sometimes :D

The Echo 'understanding' they are to remain in the Champ isn't 100% to me. It was hardly quoted directly! 

Edited by lisa-colette

Maybe Ford has asked them to mention it because they want to make a huge deal out of moving back up in a proper press release announcing Ellis & Kurtz as their first two signings

Also would you announce it if you were riding in two finals? Riders might think well I wont get a place in the prem side and that could affect their upcoming performances

Similar to when teams in football suddenly fall away from a play off place, possibly because the playing squad are comfortable there and if they go up they might get shipped out 

Pure speculation of course

6 hours ago, TINYS said:

Why are Poole mentioned on the Premiership thread.

Because some are predicting we might move back up, so why not? 

Asked the question last night and got a no chance reply.

See if it pans out that way.

• Like 2

After this season Danny Ford clearly prefers to continue in the Championship in 2022 in order to defend all the 2021 silverware!!!!;)

Poole have got some excellent sponsors -  plus some others in the pipeline for 2022 - so even without a 'Main' sponsor but with some good consistent attendances from July onwards, another season at Championship level is very much the preferred option - at the moment - with 2 rider deals agreed already at Championship rates!

• Like 3

Poole staying in champ which surprises me. 

25 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Doesn't me...

If they moved up they could only compete in the top tier by signing three decent heat leaders.. 

And by that I mean signing proven tier one riders...

Rider like Steve Worrall, Danny King and Rory Schlien if he could be persuaded not to retire..

Oh! Hang on a minute...... :D

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 1

On 10/26/2021 at 7:14 PM, KIRKYLANE said:

If Poole go up, I am sure Brady Kurtz will be back

no thanks he can stay with you for another season

3 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Guess they didn't get their Weds nights back? 

18 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

The higher number of teams in the Championship enables the promoter to provide greater variety to the fans and frankly there is almost zero difference in the quality of racing. Thus better income at the gate coupled with lower costs makes sense to stay put. 

• Like 5