British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, 1 valve said:

The higher number of teams in the Championship enables the promoter to provide greater variety to the fans and frankly there is almost zero difference in the quality of racing. Thus better income at the gate coupled with lower costs makes sense to stay put. 

Exactly! At least for another season......!

ps. I wonder if the 2 'agreed deals' for 2022 are both the Cook brothers, as judging by what riders were saying after Wednesday night its highly unlikely Basso will be back next year?:cry:

However Matt Ford is pretty damn good at recognising and introducing new talent to Poole, so watch this space...........!!;)

Edited by Skidder1

42 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

ps. I wonder if the 2 'agreed deals' for 2022 are both the Cook brothers, as judging by what riders were saying after Wednesday night its highly unlikely Basso will be back next year?:cry:

However Matt Ford is pretty damn good at recognising and introducing new talent to Poole, so watch this space...........!!;)

How old is Basso? Would he be doing U21 meetings next year?

23 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

not sure!

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

King and Ben I was told.

Has there been a statement regarding poole racing in championship next year or is this just speculation?

2 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

He's 20 (2nd July 2001)

So that would mean potentially more meeting clashes, especially as a lot of Championship meetings are on the weekend. 

On 10/27/2021 at 11:22 PM, lisa-colette said:

Because some are predicting we might move back up, so why not? 

Bit premature i would say. I might start one “ Well done King’s Lynn on your 2022 Prem title”.  They might win it :approve::approve:  

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

Bit premature i would say. I might start one “ Well done King’s Lynn on your 2022 Prem title”.  They might win it :approve::approve:  

Go on that would be funny!

I started a Poole one in the Champ section and then got told 'hope you're starting one in the prem..' and also at that point in time Phil seemed to think Poole moving up was a possibility and Skidder seemed to think Poole were being 'persuaded' to move up, so I did think it was a likely possibility! 

On 10/29/2021 at 12:07 PM, lisa-colette said:

Born 2/7 2001   makes me feel old just typing his date of birth,thanks lisaB):rolleyes:

• Haha 1

POOLE PIRATES ARE THE BEST SPEEDWAY CLUB EVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE AND PICKLED ONIONS! :party: