British Speedway Forum

Any predictions for who will line up for the return of the Cheetahs ? 
Will be a challenge to bring in a couple of heat leaders that will put “bums on seats” wonder whether Nicki Pedersen might be persuaded to lead the club back on track in 2022 ? 

Edited by old bob at herne bay
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Are they coming straight back into the top league? 

Doubt it, as Friday's was mentioned as a race night! Hope they have an alternative race night as well as plenty of Champ clubs have Fridays and Oxford will be bottom of the list for those (if it is decided on who has ridden them the longest!)

• Like 1

i did hear Hans Nielsen being asked at the SoN, but that was a no so rule him out :D

• Like 1

I think they will be forced to come back into the top league by the BSPA as they can't continue with only 6 clubs in that league.

Thought I heard some time ago, that any new team could not start in the top league.

I also heard they will be top league. 

Jamie Courtney over seeing things, that's why I think Harris went Berwick so he's under 1 promotion. 

Doyle was mentioned to me going there, as was Barker and Harris. 

Doyle

Harris

Barker

So if your an Oxford fan. Fingers crossed 

Edited by Phil The Ace

1 minute ago, Phil The Ace said:

I also heard they will be top league. 

Jamie Courtney over seeing things, that's my I think Harris went Berwick so he's under 1 promotion. 

Doyle was mentioned to me going there, as was Barker and Harris. 

So if your an Oxford fan. Fingers crossed 

If I was an Oxford fan I'd be hoping it is not true. I'd want a viable operation that stands a decent chance of long term sucess and I fear that running in  the PL would not provide that.

• Like 7

They have a bit of an advantage really, tge longer the team are away the more fans seem to return, look at Birmingham (when they 1st returned) and Leicester as examples.

They will also get the speedway nuts from Swindon and Coventry and maybe some somerset also. They will have big crowds I'm sure. 

Only question for me is if it will be ready before March 

• Like 1

If the promotion at Oxford are considering a return straight into the top flight then the authorities need to be alerted as there is a lunatic on the loose. I certainly hope they are not being coerced by the mafia into a league on which they will have no say on the rules just so the "established" teams have some more numbers for their elitist league.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

They have a bit of an advantage really, tge longer the team are away the more fans seem to return, look at Birmingham (when they 1st returned) and Leicester as examples.

They will also get the speedway nuts from Swindon and Coventry and maybe some somerset also. They will have big crowds I'm sure. 

Only question for me is if it will be ready before March 

Obviously Reading never had a team so there won`t be any fans from there going  :)

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Obviously Reading never had a team so there won`t be any fans from there going  :)

Yeah, sorry reading. Another set of fans that could easily get to Oxford if they are missing speedway. 

i wonder if the stadium owners are saying they need to be top league to return?

• Like 1