British Speedway Forum

On 10/26/2021 at 11:55 PM, KeirStarmerFan said:

What a pointless thread.

In speedway there are NO pointless threads coz no matter how pointless something may seem to someone it usually becomes a reality in our sport that is riddled with pointlessness!

Have I made my point or was it pointless?! :rofl:

On 10/28/2021 at 10:39 AM, lisa-colette said:

I always enjoyed going to Oxford. I hope they are in the same league as Poole, as don't really have anyone that close atm. 

Poole is my home track Lisa, 5 mins walk to the train station from house to Long Eaton train station then similar distance to the stadium from Poole train station. I'd say that's pretty close for a home track! :lol:

• Haha 1

On 11/3/2021 at 1:44 PM, CowleyCheetahs said:

Definitely. He was due to ride for Oxford had Oxford gone Premiership 

Well he will put a few hundred on the attendance. Brilliant entertainer. 

13 hours ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

Well he will put a few hundred on the attendance. Brilliant entertainer. 

I fear for Birmingham then now he has left

33 minutes ago, iainb said:

I fear for Birmingham then now he has left

Indeed. If Birmingham are going to run then they need to try and get a deal done with Scott Nicholls pronto. He will be in demand 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, noaksey said:

Indeed. If Birmingham are going to run then they need to try and get a deal done with Scott Nicholls pronto. He will be in demand 

Problem is that Brum haven't yet finalised the takeover so won't be in any position to start negotiating deals with any riders for a respectable amount of time. As most of the rules are known and team buildings are well under way its likely that if Brum do come to the tapes it will be with a team of scraps to start with. That isn't a problem in itself if the consortium are open and honest about the situation, price admission accordingly and don't insult the fans with the "i genuinely believe we have built a league winning side" spiel. There is every chance that the Brum team whoever features within it will finish near the bottom of the table but if they get to the tapes and complete the season it should be considered a success by many. (yes i know Oxford thread but the people above started it :D )

Edited by Sings4Speedway
missed a bit

16 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Problem is that Brum haven't yet finalised the takeover so won't be in any position to start negotiating deals with any riders for a respectable amount of time. As most of the rules are known and team buildings are well under way its likely that if Brum do come to the tapes it will be with a team of scraps to start with. That isn't a problem in itself if the consortium are open and honest about the situation, price admission accordingly and don't insult the fans with the "i genuinely believe we have built a league winning side" spiel. There is every chance that the Brum team whoever features within it will finish near the bottom of the table but if they get to the tapes and complete the season it should be considered a success by many. (yes i know Oxford thread but the people above started it :D )

I take your point and it's very Newcastle 2021 however given the known difficulties about promoting speedway at Perry Barr then to run in the championship with a poor side must be considered as a pathway to losing money. Anyone who proceeds on that basis is brave in the extreme in my opinion 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Keep this thread on topic ........ its Oxford on here. Birmingham have their own thread.

and Oxford are keeping their options open by having three thread, one in each of general, this one, and championship.

1 hour ago, StyxofRock said:

and Oxford are keeping their options open by having three thread, one in each of general, this one, and championship.

Better organised than the Government 

Which isn't really praise

2 hours ago, StyxofRock said:

Better open one up in the NDL, just in case.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/6/2021 at 6:20 PM, cityrebel said:

Better open one up in the NDL, just in case.

Is that National or Nora Development League ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Is that National or Nora Development League ;)

Depends if they want speedway or grasstrack and gimmicks

• Like 1