British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Shouldn't this thread be transferred to the Championship pages?

Doubt it! Poole had one in each section for the whole of last season. 

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Doubt it! Poole had one in each section for the whole of last season. 

Old bob started it off, he get's confused these days bless him :D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, old bob at herne bay said:

No more confused than the Poole supporters who still believe Matt Ford will return his club to the Premiership - or is it Dan nowadays? 

While Pirates belong in the top flight it makes no difference to me as I follow and enjoy all levels of the sport :t:

45 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

While Pirates belong in the top flight it makes no difference to me as I follow and enjoy all levels of the sport :t:

The "top flight".....

Akin to being Snow White's tallest dwarf ..... :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mikebv said:

The "top flight".....

Akin to being Snow White's tallest dwarf ..... :D

Anyways this is an Oxford thread in the 'top flight' which is even more confusing! :rofl:

PIRATES ARE THE BEST! so forget the rest! 

My ding a ling :party:

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

No more confused than the Poole supporters who still believe Matt Ford will return his club to the Premiership - or is it Dan nowadays? 

Why would we won't to, bigger crowds, more variety and still winning trophys 

3 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Tbf Matt did say being in the Championship wasn't a one season thing for Poole. 

Edited by lisa-colette

3 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Still think Oxford, if successful in the CL in 2022, will be de facto replacements for  Swindon in PL 2023 ( if the PL still exists) 

Depends wot u mean by success.

Moving up a league depends on finance and proving you av a successful business model/plan. 

I think Oxford will be in the Championship for 2-3 seasons because the return of any track as the 'novelty' factor with the crowd level. The 2nd season will give a better idea of what the support level is like.

55 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbf Matt did say being in the Championship wasn't a one season thing for Poole. 

You're there forever now whilst we race Mondays and Thursdays .... Poole people play in their tiddlywink league those nights!

10 minutes ago, Trees said:

You're there forever now whilst we race Mondays and Thursdays .... Poole people play in their tiddlywink league those nights!

Gives u Stars chance to win something during our absence, I mean u thought u'd won somet in 2018 but then we reminded u that u hadn't!

Wot' a waste of champagne that was before the play offs!

:rofl:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Trees said:

Plenty of Poole fans were at the 2nd leg of the playoff final which was on a Thursday! lol :o;)

1 hour ago, Trees said:

No you got that wrong, that's the night's we polish all those trophys, might have to extend it by an extra night with 2 more in the cabinet :party:

• Like 1