British Speedway Forum

Well was going to wait but since no idea if this season ever going to end thought get folks opinions on next season.

Personally I think minimal changes. Cookie, Tom, broc and Connor are no brainers. Sam could possibly do with a season at a Newcastle, Plymouth type track help improve himself on technical tracks. Ricky I don't know, could he be an 8 pointer again, do we take the risk? 

I'd definitely go for a proper second heat leader. Maybe Ellis if is available all meetings. Heeps for Sam and would probably need 1* RS if current rules stick do maybe hagon, bebbee or hagon from mildenhall?

No idea the averages but just opening the discuss

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Well was going to wait but since no idea if this season ever going to end thought get folks opinions on next season.

Personally I think minimal changes. Cookie, Tom, broc and Connor are no brainers. Sam could possibly do with a season at a Newcastle, Plymouth type track help improve himself on technical tracks. Ricky I don't know, could he be an 8 pointer again, do we take the risk? 

I'd definitely go for a proper second heat leader. Maybe Ellis if is available all meetings. Heeps for Sam and would probably need 1* RS if current rules stick do maybe hagon, bebbee or hagon from mildenhall?

No thanks to Ellis, he rolls every time and is a gating tart

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

No thanks to Ellis, he rolls every time and is a gating tart

Was trying to think of 7.5ish riders only one came to mind. Any of Redcar top 4 I'd take as well

2 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Like Cook then? :)

Cook is no gating tart and actually struggles to make a good start these days

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Think Sam and Ricky are the 2 you would change,Eric Riss would be a good signing as second heat leader.IM0.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Think Sam and Ricky are the 2 you would change,Eric Riss would be a good signing as second heat leader.IM0.

Well you see, German ex monarchs give me nightmares so not sure I could take that lol.

On his best form yes I'd agree with you. Barker is in theory in a bargain average but how many years have we been saying that?

6 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Ostergaard

Heart says yes, head says 42 year old coming back from serious injury will he maintain that form? 

All about the equipment with Ulrich. He had it spot on this season and reaped the rewards and the Injury was cruel 

34 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Heart says yes, head says 42 year old coming back from serious injury will he maintain that form? 

He's 42? Wow, I didn't realise that. Seems very fit then. 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

He's 42? Wow, I didn't realise that. Seems very fit then. 

Yeah or will be next season. Turned 41 this year I believe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cookiefan said:

Cook is no gating tart and actually struggles to make a good start these days

He rolls though 

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

I said he’d be a typical (not good) Glasgow signing. Ex Monarch on the way down a la Sedgmen and Wells.