British Speedway Forum

5 minutes ago, Neila said:

Think mason campton ended up being a triple medal winner but was not riding for Glasgow :D H18TORY

So went on to bigger and better things then :D

15 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

They have overachieved given what the previous Promotion had done.IMO.

10 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

That's nonsense.

What’s the arguments against then? Since they’ve taken control they’ve won a pairs event and a KO Cup by my reckoning? No doubt they’ve achieved great things as a club getting bit meetings to Ashfield and creating a great supporter experience but the results on the track have been disappointing. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Biggest error the management made was replacing Stewart Dickson with cami Brown. 
does cami have any input on team line ups ? But Glasgow do seem to sign older riders with supposedly bargain averages who fail to improve as age catches up with them. 

This discussion is certainly interesting…..but I’m not sure you can reference Dickson vs Brown. Dickson resigned so needed to be replaced. Cami has only had something like three seasons as manager, Stewart took over from Ian Steel in 2004 or 2005 so inevitably has far more experience. 
Neither of them were able to “manage” their teams to 2021 league championships. 

8 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

This discussion is certainly interesting…..but I’m not sure you can reference Dickson vs Brown. Dickson resigned so needed to be replaced. Cami has only had something like three seasons as manager, Stewart took over from Ian Steel in 2004 or 2005 so inevitably has far more experience. 

Genuine question.  Why did Dickson resign ? Was his position untenable as being part owner to going to former owner ? 
I can imagine if you go from full control of team signings to then managing whoever the new owner has signed must be tough if you don’t agree with the team 

Just now, Racin Jason 72 said:

Genuine question.  Why did Dickson resign ? Was his position untenable as being part owner to going to former owner ? 
I can imagine if you go from full control of team signings to then managing whoever the new owner has signed must be tough if you don’t agree with the team 

Brown was made assistant manager, two weeks later Stewart left. I don't think he minded just being TM, less stress is imagine and believe he was working for allied as well. Someone will know why he left but unfortunately it's not me

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

This discussion is certainly interesting…..but I’m not sure you can reference Dickson vs Brown. 

That's coz u got us Poole Pirates in the Championship! :D

Neil Middleditch is the most successful manager ever! :t:

Edited by PirateShip
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Cause Stewart wasn’t a nodding dog to the new regime unlike big cammi 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

That's coz u got us Poole Pirates in the Championship! :D

Neil Middleditch is the most successful manager ever! :t:

And the most annoying 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

And the most annoying 

Does Middlo get a trophy for that as well? :D

1 hour ago, JanAndersen said:

What’s the arguments against then? Since they’ve taken control they’ve won a pairs event and a KO Cup by my reckoning? No doubt they’ve achieved great things as a club getting bit meetings to Ashfield and creating a great supporter experience but the results on the track have been disappointing. 

You are an Edinburgh fan; your expectation of how Glasgow have performed or not is of no interest or value to any Tigers fans and for that matter most speedway fans.

Edited by SharpenRake
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Cause Stewart wasn’t a nodding dog to the new regime unlike big cammi 

He was a nodding dog. He nodded then did his own thing. Got found out and then walked out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

You are an Edinburgh fan; your expectation of how Glasgow have performed or not is of no interest or value to any Tigers fans and for that matter most speedway fans.

No arguments but you know I’m right 

Connor was a no-brainer. Outstanding linking with charity's, great idea Chas is a fantastic cause. 

• Like 2