British Speedway Forum

11 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Good signing. How does that set Glasgow up? Those enough space to have him at reserve with Bailey?

He’ll start at reserve with Bailey.

14 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Good signing. How does that set Glasgow up? Those enough space to have him at reserve with Bailey?

Depends on make up of rest of team, with potential reductions for Eastbourne and british riders could go cookie, ulle/ Ellis, broc and a five pointer (basso :P) and scrape just under I think.

Or could go cookie, ulle and Ellis, broc/ 5 pointer and a 2 pointer. 

Personally prefer the top option

2 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Probably not. I reckon he will ride off 2.

2 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Probably not. I reckon he will ride off 2.

He will be at reserve with Connor

6 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

He will be at reserve with Connor

i doubt that. His average is 5.01 and even after allowing for the reduction he will probably start off at number 2. Not many teams will have both reserves equating to at least 8 and a half points of their team total. 

9 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

i doubt that. His average is 5.01 and even after allowing for the reduction he will probably start off at number 2. Not many teams will have both reserves equating to at least 8 and a half points of their team total. 

Kyle Bickley and jye etheridge, James Wright and the NZ boy, zaine Kennedy and Ryan kinsley, Joe Thompson and potentially Anders Rowe. So of all teams to have declared their reserves only Plymouth have a total significantly under 8. 

Edited by Jaizer

6 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

His ave is under 5 and will start at reserve  a great signing and on the way up 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Depends on make up of rest of team, with potential reductions for Eastbourne and british riders could go cookie, ulle/ Ellis, broc and a five pointer (basso :P) and scrape just under I think.Or could go cookie, ulle and Ellis, broc/ 5 pointer and a 2 pointer. 

Personally prefer the top option

So by your reckoning

1. Craig Cook

2. Broc Nicol

3. Tom Brennan

4. Ben Basso

5. Ulrich Ostergaard/Adam Ellis

6. Danyon Hume

7. Connor Bailey

:o:o:o

Does that actually fit???

4 minutes ago, mac101 said:

His ave is under 5 and will start at reserve  a great signing and on the way up 

I don't think it is a good signing. Hume isn't good around Ashfield and he blows hot and cold.

3 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

So by your reckoning

1. Craig Cook

2. Broc Nicol

3. Tom Brennan

4. Ben Basso

6. Danyon Hume

7. Connor Bailey

It does.

1 minute ago, Diamonds85 said:

So by your reckoning

1. Craig Cook

2. Broc Nicol

3. Tom Brennan

4. Ben Basso

6. Danyon Hume

7. Connor Bailey

By my amateurish and albeit dubious maths I got it under. Depends on the Eastbourne averages debate. Tom's average with removed I made 5.92, cookie, Tom, Connor and Hume all get the 2.5%. however, I'm sure someone (Mr Barrie) will tell me differently

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

I don't think it is a good signing. Hume isn't good around Ashfield and he blows hot and cold.

You have to give Hume a chance, once he gets dialled in he could be OK.Acouple of visits doesn’t tell you much.He had a decent season in 2021.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

So by your reckoning

1. Craig Cook

2. Broc Nicol

3. Tom Brennan

4. Ben Basso

6. Danyon Hume

7. Connor Bailey

Yes it fits

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

You have to give Hume a chance, once he gets dialled in he could be OK.Acouple of visits doesn’t tell you much.He had a decent season in 2021.

Totally agree, don't think his points were reflective of performance at ashfield this year. 3+1 in June, 4+2 guesting for us against Redcar, 3 in play off that could/should have been 6 but for 3rd bend issue and fell from no.2. was worth more in each match but with time on track at reserve expect him to at least maintain around the 5 average

52 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

He rode extremely well around Ashfield last season whilst guesting for us and when up with Poole.