British Speedway Forum

At least most Pirate fans have been prepared for losing him. As it was fairly clear from his end of season comments. Glasgow fans will love his swashbuckling style - as long as he stays injury-free!!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

What's I'm looking forward to most about the side that looks like being put together is that it's exciting. Made up of racers and predominantly young guys who will only improve. Finally no more has beens on "false averages"

Does look an exciting Team so far,like you say no “bargain averages “,if indeed there is such a thing!!!

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Does look an exciting Team so far,like you say no “bargain averages “,if indeed there is such a thing!!!

Exactly it's a term never agreed with. Rider has an average over 20 meetings, that's indicative of their form. Very few of these older guys on way down ever come back up. Ully being exception

47 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

What's I'm looking forward to most about the side that looks like being put together is that it's exciting. Made up of racers and predominantly young guys who will only improve. Finally no more has beens on "false averages"

did some one say that last season and the season before ?

good money after bad so some say , i say if you have got it , spend it .

must be getting down to the bottom of the barrel and here comes the golden rivet !

It was obvious we couldn’t fit in Ben Basso from the word go. We are a Wednesday club. How can we sign a rider who rides Wednesdays in Denmark? 

Good luck to Ben in his future career. I expect him to end up in Poland as the top Dane in 3 years time.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 5

37 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

It hurts when they go, we seemed to do that for years bring guys over then have them nicked off us once had a real average. Back in days when all foreigners came on a 9 rusty Harrison particularly stung

Rusty self destructed not too long after this having been saddled with the future world champion label at Derwent and also suffering health issues by which time we had happily banked the money for him and Aidan Collins not long before. Worky were renowned for throwing money about during this era, quite ironic when you read some of the comments now from that neck of the woods. Rusty came back to us around 10 years later and was decent around Ashfield averaging about 7 overall.

Just now, MD said:

Rusty self destructed not too long after this having been saddled with the future world champion label at Derwent and also suffering health issues by which time we had happily banked the money for him and Aidan Collins not long before. Worky were renowned for throwing money about during this era, quite ironic when you read some of the comments now from that neck of the woods. Rusty came back to us around 10 years later and was decent around Ashfield averaging about 7 overall.

Yup. The ill-fated 2014 season that nearly bankrupted us

23 minutes ago, jenga said:

did some one say that last season and the season before ?

good money after bad so some say , i say if you have got it , spend it .

must be getting down to the bottom of the barrel and here comes the golden rivet !

Good grief, you are a very very bitter man

• Like 6

Great signing for Glasgow, well done. No lie really sad he isn't at Poole but can understand with the fixture clashes, but lets be honest on a 5.00 average you have a steal of a rider who will only improve, once dialled in he will be quick and beat other sides heat leaders, which he did at Poole at times with ease! 

41 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It was obvious we couldn’t fit in Ben Basso from the word go. We are a Wednesday club. How can we sign a rider who rides Wednesdays in Denmark? 

Good luck to Ben in his future career. I expect him to end up in Poland as the top Dane in 3 years time.

Does seem a bit strange, we've had Danes in the past, ie Bjarne, and made it work 

21 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

Good grief, you are a very very bitter man

There are a few down that neck off the woods.

Not all I must add but that’s what floats there boat ,who cares really there opinions matter not a jot.

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Won’t be boring watching them progress that’s for sure.

Very strong looking team being assembled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I heard he left Poole because he hated you all. Nothing to do with fixture clashes. 

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1