British Speedway Forum

34 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I believe he is also good friends with Hans Andersen who often quotes that saying of 'being nice to people, as you meet the same people on the way up as you do on the way down' or however it goes! 

I await with interest! ;)

Very true in life!

Apparently basso approached Glasgow and said it would be great if they could sign him on for 2022 season because he wanted to ride on a decent track with knowledgeable supporters but he was thankful to poole for being a stepping stone to better things Apparently :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, lewy said:

Apparently basso approached Glasgow and said it would be great if they could sign him on for 2022 season because he wanted to ride on a decent track with knowledgeable supporters but he was thankful to poole for being a stepping stone to better things Apparently :D

If that is what he wanted why has he gone to Glasgow!!

Edited by foreverblue
  • Haha 5

27 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Lewy explained why ;).

And it is perfectly understandable.

Apparently.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Lewy got rumour correct apart from the team, it was Panthers lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Lewy got rumour correct apart from the team, it was Panthers lol.

That one makes more sense! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Poole fans really aren’t taking this well.

I like that it annoys them.

Very much.

Que the protests.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Poole fans really aren’t taking this well.

I like that it annoys them.

Very much.

Que the protests.

Nearly 2 weeks later still all they can talk about. Don't think they like not being the big fishes in the small pond anymore 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lewy said:

your not far off the truth pretty sure he spoke to  Ulrich amd sam first once he saw the setup at glasgow along with his mechanic dicky jul about the  best place to ride next year and after his first race he knew the track would suit him perfect 

Edited by mac101
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Nearly 2 weeks later still all they can talk about. Don't think they like not being the big fishes in the small pond anymore 

Just passing the time while waiting for team news, be quickly forgotten when team gets announced, don't you worry about that! :t:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mac101 said:

your not far off the truth pretty sure he spoke to  Ulrich amd sam first once he saw the setup at glasgow along with his mechanic dicky jul about the  best place to ride next year and after his first race he knew the track would suit him perfect 

Definitely wouldn't have been Sam 

• Haha 1

I must admit the depressing times we all find ourselves in at the minute,this thread is cheering me up I find it hilarious how Poole fans. Are so bitter about this situation if the roles were reversed do they think we are all so naive that they wouldn’t have done the same of course they would carry on everyone you are all cheering me up apart from the Poole fans. 

• Haha 1

According to my TV Choice at 4pm today on Channel 4 (Chateau DIY at Christmas) "Matt takes to the Cherry Picker to decorate the 40 foot tree in the garden of Chateau La Briance", be hilarious if he drove through the newly created "Basso Grove" to put a cutout of Shovlar on the top of the tree...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

I must admit the depressing times we all find ourselves in at the minute,this thread is cheering me up I find it hilarious how Poole fans. Are so bitter about this situation if the roles were reversed do they think we are all so naive that they wouldn’t have done the same of course they would carry on everyone you are all cheering me up apart from the Poole fans. 

I am not bitter just disappointed, Basso is good and would improve most teams so good luck to him and Glasgow. He is doing what is best for him which is what he should do. I hope he has a great season for Glasgow and Peterborough, he is a nice guy and deserves it.