British Speedway Forum

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I meant the 2003 season not the time in the 80s when he first ride for Poole. :t:

What, BV were looking at signing Adams as well as Crump?! Wasnt John Perrin the BV promoter at the time? I very much doubt he would of stumped up for Crump and Adams in the same side !

17 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Leigh Adams would have signed for Poole over Belle Vue because at the time Neil Street was the Poole team manager.

I'm sure the dog track would have had something to do with it too.

22 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

I assume you mean he left so that he would have more meetings and therefore the potential to earn more money. I would have thought that a smooth wide track where you can race hard for 4 laps would have also been part of his thinking. But yes totally agree with your sentiments re-some Poole fans. 

Didnt Poole get peeved off cos they said they'd work around his foreign commitments? 

He left cos Glasgow offered a big wad of cash , and cant blame either side. Glasgow have cash to offer and want an almost certain bargain averaged rider and Basso wants as much money as poss.  No problem .

But don’t come on here dressing it up as something else though . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Looking at the final figures now uploaded onto the BSPA website yesterday, Glasgow by my calculation are over the 42 point limit. These figures include the 2.5% reduction 

1. Cook 8.80 (9.02)

2. Brennan 5.88 (6.03)

3. Nicol 5.45

4. Basso 5.00

5. Ostergaard 7.82

6. Hume 4.89 (5.01)

7. Bailey 4.28

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Looking at the final figures now uploaded onto the BSPA website yesterday, Glasgow by my calculation are over the 42 point limit. These figures include the 2.5% reduction 

1. Cook 8.80 (9.02)

2. Brennan 5.88 (6.03)

3. Nicol 5.45

4. Basso 5.00

5. Ostergaard 7.82

6. Hume 4.89 (5.01)

7. Bailey 4.28

Bailey and Hume wrong.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Bailey and Hume wrong.

So is Cook 8.79.  Doesn't Bailey have British parentage and therefore a 2.5% reduction?

Edited by Skidder1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

So is Cook 8.79.  Doesn't Bailey have British parentage and therefore a 2.5% reduction?

Bailey has a British passport so is British

4 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

1. Cook 8.80 (9.02)

2. Brennan 5.88 (6.03)

3. Nicol 5.45

4. Basso 5.00

5. Ostergaard 7.82

6. Hume 4.89 (5.01)

7. Bailey 4.28

The Glasgow team comes in at 41.99. You rounded some of those up instead of down

Edited by Marksman
No quote
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/23/2021 at 6:19 PM, Skidder1 said:

Yes maybe, but its not the amount its the guarantee of actually being paid regularly!!

you recon glasgow dont pay ? 

On 12/24/2021 at 7:46 AM, Pinny said:

Didnt Poole get peeved off cos they said they'd work around his foreign commitments? 

He left cos Glasgow offered a big wad of cash , and cant blame either side. Glasgow have cash to offer and want an almost certain bargain averaged rider and Basso wants as much money as poss.  No problem .

But don’t come on here dressing it up as something else though . 

I have it on good authority that getting more money didnt enter in to it...

I believe it was solely down to him wishing to sample the different Covid regulations in Scotland..

;)

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, mikebv said:

I have it on good authority that getting more money didnt enter in to it...

I believe it was solely down to him wishing to sample the different Covid regulations in Scotland..

;)

Lol, although bring serious for a min, haven't Denmark got more restrictions than Scotland? 

On 12/24/2021 at 2:56 PM, mac101 said:

Bailey has a British passport so is British

If I had an Irish wolf hound it doesn't make me Irish :drink:merry Christmas 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Petecc said:

If I had an Irish wolf hound it doesn't make me Irish :drink:merry Christmas 

If you drank Guinness it would though.

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Lol, although bring serious for a min, haven't Denmark got more restrictions than Scotland? 

I don't think anywhere has more restrictions than Scotland. Sturgeon is round the bend (I'm no fan of Boris or Drippy D for that matter) and i'm fully expecting this latest three week masterplan of hers to turn into another 6 month cock-up same as last year and nobody in Scotland will be able to get into the stadiums until the season is half over. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I just wanted to say that Tom's Mum Sarah passed away this morning..

All at Eastbourne Speedway are at a loss and we are thinking of Tom and the family

RIP Sarah x

• Sad 2