British Speedway Forum

On 1/6/2022 at 9:02 PM, Pinny said:

Are people really arguing over 0.01? Despite the team being officially confirmed with the BSPA? Jesus.

No, nobody arguing.  Just pointing out the anomalies of the maths - especially when using Excel.  Anyway, it provided a laugh for those who are really interested :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

And there's the beauty/frustration of Excel.  Using the actual figures (as pointed out), after the the 2.5% reduction, it adds up to 42.0015.  Round up/down to hundredths, and it's 41.99.  Absolutely my error not spotting that, and just reading the total given by Excel, but it shows the anomalies that can creep in.  Glad everyone has had a laugh :lol:

Fair play for taking it on the chin fella.

Others would throw the toys out. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, geoff100 said:

I was their for those 2 meetings and glasgow did a good job of hosting them , the point i am making is as many could miss out as can get in .

Maybe they could have it at Cardiff with the roof it would be on and as a much bigger stadium more people could go. :rofl:

Edited by tyretrax

2 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Maybe they could have it at Cardiff with the roof it would be on and as a much bigger stadium more people could go. :rofl:

Ideal for gp weekend give the hotels more chance to rip fans off :t:

3 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

The hotels charge the going rate, it's about supply and demand. :t::drink:

9 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Just read that a full house for the gp meeting is 2,600 nice that glasgow get the meeting but can see lots of fans missing out, why do we have a national speedway venue and not use it?

Cos it has not got the Glasgow promotion throwing stacks of money at it !!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Neila said:

Cos it has not got the Glasgow promotion throwing stacks of money at it !!

At least it’s their own money they are using.Unlike other Promotions that went to the wall ,leaving their debt behind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Geoff I have 3 nites in Cardiff for GP weekend and GP 2 for just over £300 not a bad price considering But I also have Warsaw for £175 for 3 nites so maybe it is a rip off 

Edited by Neila
Updated

52 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

At least it’s their own money they are using.Unlike other Promotions that went to the wall ,leaving their debt behind.

you mean Newcastle, somerset , etc . and the sandwich shop in cumbria ? lol

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Neila said:

Geoff I have 3 nites in Cardiff for GP weekend and GP 2 for just over £300 not a bad price considering But I also have Warsaw for £175 for 3 nites so maybe it is a rip off 

Stay in lots of hotels through work, in cardiff staying at the mecure hotel asked how much was a room if i just turned up &80 so i asked how much on the date for the gp, oh she said there is an event on that weekend it will be &240 per night, one mans supply and demand is another mans rip off .

• Like 1

Is that a hint as to the riding order issued on the Twitter account today? Cook, basso, Brennan, Nicol, ulle, Hume, bailey. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Any update up in Glasgow reference and loan fee or full transfer for Basso?

saw loan deal swap for lawson 

12 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Was that in the local press?

They could say in our local press if or when Lawson is announced, if it is like mac101 says. Makes the most sense to me.