British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

It seems to have all the league fixtures. Plus summer tourney. I guess there’s still at least one cup match to add? But that’s probably it. Very compressed.

it’ll still go on until Christmas though!

I mean I'm all for squeezing it into the summer months but a 4 month season pretty short ha

20 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

That can't be full fixture list on the Tigers site surely? Season starts mid April and finished by start of August?

SpeedwayGB website shows last Glasgow home match on August 5. Leaves room for cup progress and play offs. 

One imagines Glasgow will challenge for honours in all competitions.

Big gaps in home meetings, not good for building momentum,  no KO cup fixture, no mention of championship pairs at Oxford prior to Cardiff GP either

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't there more fixtures pre pandemic? Didn't we race everyone home and away in league and then the 5 most northern clubs were home and away twice? Wouldn't have minded seeing a challenge fixture before first league match too (not the Spring trophy!!!)

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I mean I'm all for squeezing it into the summer months but a 4 month season pretty short ha

Sept is for the Playoffs and Cup finals though.Not enough Teams in Leagues these days.

Just now, Fromafar said:

Sept is for the Playoffs and Cup finals though.Not enough Teams in Leagues these days.

Yeah that's true, down to 11 been around the 13 mark usually. I mean we complain about play offs in November so this should be a positive, just seems a short season 

At least racing is taking place in, hopefully, the better months for weather. 

• Like 1

Seems like a good bit of business trading Lawson for basso on permanent contract

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Seems like a good bit of business trading Lawson for basso on permanent contract

I hope I'm wrong, but don't think Basso will be on these Shores for long ,  specially when Poland start waving the big bucks 

Edited by Arthur54
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

I hope I'm wrong, but don't think Basso will be on these Shores for long ,  specially when Poland start waving the big bucks 

Exactly. 2 years max imo. Good of him to want to ride England first before Poland though, some young riders are starting to go to Poland first. 

Edit - aaah when I say England I obv mean Scotland too! Sorry, habit ;)

Edited by lisa-colette

31 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Agreed think Poole got the better deal by far,Lawson will be riding over here for a while yet,and Imo is one of the best riders at this level if not the best. 

Edited by Paddy The Rebel
Spelling
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Exactly. 2 years max imo. Good of him to want to ride England first before Poland though, some young riders are starting to go to Poland first. 

We made that mistake a few years ago now, when we swapped Doyle for Magic, Doyle still riding over here now, but not Magic 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Woah Glasgow isn't England.

Just noticed edit. D'oh 

Edited by sugarray

39 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

With the way the Poles are expanding their Leagues and opening it up its equally likely that the forward thinking Facennas could be in top Polish League in same timescale and entertaining the best riders in the world every 2 weeks

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HGould said:

With the way the Poles are expanding their Leagues and opening it up its equally likely that the forward thinking Facennas could be in top Polish League in same timescale and entertaining the best riders in the world every 2 weeks

See what response that idea gets in Daugavpils?