British Speedway Forum

23 minutes ago, sugarray said:

Woah Glasgow isn't England.

Just noticed edit. D'oh 

:D

Yeah, I'm too used to saying England from when Poole were in the Prem, but at least I am noticing before it's pointed out now! ;):t:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, HGould said:

With the way the Poles are expanding their Leagues and opening it up its equally likely that the forward thinking Facennas could be in top Polish League in same timescale and entertaining the best riders in the world every 2 weeks

You know, it's something crossed my mind, with Russia, Germany, Latvia having teams in the polish lower leagues why don't Britain look into it? Get British riders started in Poland and continental experience

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

I hope I'm wrong, but don't think Basso will be on these Shores for long ,  specially when Poland start waving the big bucks 

Well when he's 25 and maybe not extraliga level he'll be needing a place back in Britain won't he? Otherwise I'm sure a prem club will be looking to buy him in 2/3 years time at a nice profit

10 minutes ago, poole keith said:

or perhaps a good asset if glasgow move up in the future

Him and Anders Thomsen make a good start from the asset base

15 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Exactly. 2 years max imo. Good of him to want to ride England first before Poland though, some young riders are starting to go to Poland first. 

Edit - aaah when I say England I obv mean Scotland too! Sorry, habit ;)

That's no apology - just ignorance.  If you mean Britain or UK say Britain or UK.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Shame people can't accept an apology these days without being offended....

World gets politically madder by the day!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Jaizer said:

You know, it's something crossed my mind, with Russia, Germany, Latvia having teams in the polish lower leagues why don't Britain look into it? Get British riders started in Poland and continental experience

Great idea, then they stay there permanetly. :rolleyes:

y

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Shame people can't accept an apology these days without being offended....

World gets politically madder by the day!

I take it you like being part of Scotland.

9 minutes ago, edmon said:

I take it you like being part of Scotland.

I love Scotland...wish I could be part of it everyday...best scenery in the world.

Would take me a while to learn the lingo though :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tyretrax said:

Great idea, then they stay there permanetly. :rolleyes:

y

You build it into contracts they need to ride in Britain obviously as well. We're so far behind other nations, Danes have about 5/6 off top of my head that are next in line as potential top riders. Our current crop probably best been around for a long time but we won't do jack if they can't get experience riding on the continent. End of the day look at Lambert and Dan, they leave anyway!!

37 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

You build it into contracts they need to ride in Britain obviously as well. We're so far behind other nations, Danes have about 5/6 off top of my head that are next in line as potential top riders. Our current crop probably best been around for a long time but we won't do jack if they can't get experience riding on the continent. End of the day look at Lambert and Dan, they leave anyway!!

With the money on offer in Poland any rider with ambition will be off like a shot if they get an offer,including Young Brits.Even the Young Aussies see Poland as their first port of call these days.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

With the money on offer in Poland any rider with ambition will be off like a shot if they get an offer,including Young Brits.Even the Young Aussies see Poland as their first port of call these days.

At least Aussies such as Darcy and JC are telling them to do UK first, whether they take it on board is anyone's guess! 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

At least Aussies such as Darcy and JC are telling them to do UK first, whether they take it on board is anyone's guess! 

It's not always possible for them.

Most, if not all, of the young Aussies that have gone to Poland first have done it because they couldn't get a work visa for the UK but could get one for Poland.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HenryW said:

It's not always possible for them.

Most, if not all, of the young Aussies that have gone to Poland first have done it because they couldn't get a work visa for the UK but could get one for Poland.

Jacob Hook !