British Speedway Forum

No real savings at all on season tickets.

I was looking at the website this morning, in particular the season tickets page and i noticed that there are no real savings to be had on buying one. Take a student season ticket for example. They cost £145 (based on 13 home fixtures – 10 league, two Summer Cup and the first round of the KO Cup) which works out at £11.153 per meeting a saving of less than 85 pence per meeting (cost per meeting is £12) 

If someone with a season ticket even miss just the one meeting over the course of the season then each meeting will cost them £12.08. Factor in the booking fee and it just doesn't seem an attractive offer imo.

On 3/6/2022 at 1:36 PM, Nickinho said:

I was looking at the website this morning, in particular the season tickets page and i noticed that there are no real savings to be had on buying one. Take a student season ticket for example. They cost £145 (based on 13 home fixtures – 10 league, two Summer Cup and the first round of the KO Cup) which works out at £11.153 per meeting a saving of less than 85 pence per meeting (cost per meeting is £12) 

If someone with a season ticket even miss just the one meeting over the course of the season then each meeting will cost them £12.08. Factor in the booking fee and it just doesn't seem an attractive offer imo.

how much do you think is a fair price ? basically you are getting one meeting free 

You eliminate the hassle of buying a ticket for each match, and it makes it easier to get a seat, but if neither of those bother you, then individual match tickets are the better option. That’s what I’ll do. I’m bound to miss at least one home match over the season.

On 3/6/2022 at 1:36 PM, Nickinho said:

Pay at the gate ,saves the booking fee.

• Like 1

Season tickets don't ever really offer VFM unless you don't miss a single home meeting. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Season tickets don't ever really offer VFM unless you don't miss a single home meeting. 

never bought a season ticket yet .like you said cant see the value in it .i do like the idea of buying a book of ten to use as and when 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

That's a pity we were all looking forward to meeting you at Glasgow. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, ray c said:

never bought a season ticket yet .like you said cant see the value in it .i do like the idea of buying a book of ten to use as and when 

I'm sure the Glasgow promotion would sell you a book of ten. 

Judging from cookies interview from Friday I assume ulle will be skipped?

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Judging from cookies interview from Friday I assume ulle will be skipped?

Announced at Ibrox event that Ulli is captain

• Thanks 1

Decent return from ulle at Josh autys testimonial. 8 points and from the updates site sounded like getting stuck in

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Decent return from ulle at Josh autys testimonial. 8 points and from the updates site sounded like getting stuck in

Yeah he did well considering how long he has been out , looking good for the season

• Like 1

Looks like young Mr Brennan should be stepping up to genuine heat leader this season looking at his performances this week at BV and Peterborough. Ulle seems to be getting better with every meeting as well. Be lying if said didn't want to win something but more looking forward to the excitement levels this season. Team full of (mostly) young racers going hell for leather on a proper racetrack

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Looks like young Mr Brennan should be stepping up to genuine heat leader this season looking at his performances this week at BV and Peterborough. Ulle seems to be getting better with every meeting as well. Be lying if said didn't want to win something but more looking forward to the excitement levels this season. Team full of (mostly) young racers going hell for leather on a proper racetrack

Was at the Ben fund, Ulli was looking good but had bike problems in his last 2 heats or he would have qualified for the semi final, Tom was outstanding and got award for rider of the night, Ben was in the mix considering it was his first time on the track, looking forward to seeing them dialled in at Ashfield

• Like 2

After seeing Basso score paid 14 for Peterborough, Glasgow must be delighted with their new signing!

• Like 2