British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Whatever happened to Nike Luna? Thought he looked a prospect just seemed to disappear

Agreed apparently he was looking for a team place last year however didn’t get one and sold his bikes that were over here. Would love to see him back over here for his all action riding and hair style however like the post above says I don’t see it 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Endeavour said:

What happened?

Was a piece in the Star last year about it , Connor saying he was being bullied by some mechanics with Frazer and Shane Bowes involved with a few others.

Connor lost his Licence to ride for a while whilst the allegations were investigated but got it back.

Never heard what the outcome was but it’s fair to say if Connor is at Glasgow Frazer Bowes won’t.

9 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Someone, Dick Barrie or Crescentgirl, said enemies in Aus become best buddies over here.

Bullying is something to be taken seriously but are you surprised he would say something like that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Was a piece in the Star last year about it , Connor saying he was being bullied by some mechanics with Frazer and Shane Bowes involved with a few others.

Connor lost his Licence to ride for a while whilst the allegations were investigated but got it back.

Never heard what the outcome was but it’s fair to say if Connor is at Glasgow Frazer Bowes won’t.

Got a feeling the Sedgeman’s were involved.( could be wrong though).9

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Got a feeling the Sedgeman’s were involved.( could be wrong though).9

Wonder if that's why Connor didn't come over at start of season

Having called the BSPL bluff of no Poles in the Championship, will Glasgow now go for Tobiasz Musielak  for 2022?

As his last Premier average with Swindon was 6.52, applying the 1.6 conversion for the Championship, this would make him their number one on 10.43

Assuming they would also wish to retain Cook, Ostergaard, Brennan, & Bailey  I reckon the following would be their team building averages, including 2.5% for UK riders who were tier 3 eligible at some point in time:-

Tobiasz Musielak  10.43
Craig Cook      8.91 reduced to 8.69
Ulrich Ostergaard 7.96
Tom Brennan 6.48 reduced to 6.32
Connor Bailey 4.27 reduced to 4.16

If I'm correct this would give a total of 37.56,  leaving 4.44 to fit in the final two, if the minimum starting average was set at 2.00 for UK newcomers.

If not allowed, then at least one of the above 1 - 5 would have to be dropped, to accommodate the Pole at number one.

3 hours ago, Gazc said:

Dont concern yourself about anyone in the Bowes family, you wont find a more genuine friendly family in the sport of speedway.

Cheers Darrell Branford

• Like 3

6 hours ago, chopper said:

Dont concern yourself about anyone in the Bowes family, you wont find a more genuine friendly family in the sport of speedway.

Cheers Darrell Branford

Wasn't concerned just quoting what was in the Star last year . can you see anywhere I was concerned no neither can I .

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, chopper said:

Cheers Darrell Branford

So Connor was lying?:blink:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

So Connor was lying?:blink:

No idea mate i dont personally know Connor or what he said, my involvement in speedway has been minimal in the last 2 years, but after knowing the Bowes family for over 30 years i stand by my previous comment about there integrity.

Darrell Branford

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cyclone said:

Having called the BSPL bluff of no Poles in the Championship, will Glasgow now go for Tobiasz Musielak  for 2022?

As his last Premier average with Swindon was 6.52, applying the 1.6 conversion for the Championship, this would make him their number one on 10.43

Assuming they would also wish to retain Cook, Ostergaard, Brennan, & Bailey  I reckon the following would be their team building averages, including 2.5% for UK riders who were tier 3 eligible at some point in time:-

Tobiasz Musielak  10.43
Ulrich Ostergaard 7.96

If I'm correct this would give a total of 37.56,  leaving 4.44 to fit in the final two, if the minimum starting average was set at 2.00 for UK newcomers.

If not allowed, then at least one of the above 1 - 5 would have to be dropped, to accommodate the Pole at number one.

Wudn't want to go with 2x 2pt riders even if allowed, u won't win anything if u do.

11 hours ago, cyclone said:

Tobiasz Musielak  10.43
Ulrich Ostergaard 7.96

Not for me. Also Tom's average be lower when Eastbourne results expunged.

If we go down musielak route I'd assume be one of cookie or ully would be signed not both

On 11/14/2021 at 1:39 PM, tyretrax said:

Someone, Dick Barrie or Crescentgirl, said enemies in Aus become best buddies over here.

Nope, never said anything of the kind.

But its true that two young Aussies, maybe from towns thousands of miles apart and even if they've never met before arriving here, are more likely to bond than (say) a German with a French lad, or a Swede with a Dane.    Australians do tend to stick together over here.

Edited by crescent girl
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, chopper said:

Cheers Darrell Branford

So you were there in the pits on all the occasions it allegedly took place then?